Cake Filling

Decorating By mrsg1111 Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 5:36pm by luvmysmoother

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a 3 tier cake for my daughter's Christening. The party will be at a beach restaurant and outside. I would love ideas on a cake filling (to change from what i normally do- oreo mousse filling). Also, i have been finding that my cakes look AWSOME when i am first finished and then when i transport the cake to it's final destination, it settles and you could see the filling area pudge.. and what was once a perfectly iced cake now looks not so perfect anymore.. what am I doing wrong and what do you suggest? If possible, i would like to keep the cake outside from the start of the party... Suggestions HELP!!!!!!

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 4

Do you let your cakes settle before decorating...

Here's leah_s "trick" thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633571-trick.html

In order to recommend a filling, it'd help to know what flavor/type of cake/s you're making. icon_smile.gif

HTH

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 4

ahh.. of course that would help.. lol... it's going to be a vanilla cake. I was thinking maybe a layer of ganach (sp?) and a layer of cannoli filling in between each cake layer...

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 4

That dog photo in your avatar is just way tooooo cuteicon_smile.gif The sturdier your filling the less likely you'll have cake pudge tooicon_smile.gif Ganache is nice and sturdyicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%