Would You Do It?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 9:09pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 5

An acquaintance of mine owns a catering company... who also does wedding cakes...I just got a call from them... asking if i would deliver a cake of theirs for them this Saturday (they are planned to go out of town)...I already have 2 other deliveries basicly in the same area... and with working stuff around i could do it... they have offered to pay me 40... to move the cake 25-30 minutes away...

Would you do it? I know its a risk to handle someones elses work...but something about this does make me rather uneasy feeling.

Thanks for your thoughts!

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 5

Part of me says it builds good relations, that way if you were ever in a bind you could call on them.

The other part of me says, what if something happens during delievery and you have problems with their cake.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 5

I would do it, they must really trust you to ask you to deliver for them.. BUT.. you knew there was a but coming...

I would ask for a signed statement that you are not responsible for accidents (like dropping, or someone hitting your car, or if their cake is not stable enough to handle the trip.

Protect yourself, but do the favor if you can. Since they are professionals I am quite sure that they are expecting this request from you.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

I'd probably do it, but I'd charge more than $40. Heck my basic delivery is $50, and for a 30 minute one-way trip? And hour on the road and handling and I'm think9ng assembling someone else's cake, is worth more than that.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:09pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah agreed whith the signed statement!

Yeah Leah, thats what i was thinking too... Thanks so much you guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%