Ganache Bc Or Chocolate Bc -Questions

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 3:28pm by TexasSugar

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:49am
post #1 of 2

For some reason my 'search' feature is not working!

Can someone tell me how to make Ganache BC? Shud I just make regular Ganache (2:1) and add it to my BC?
I want to use ganache as a filling in my cake...but i dont want it to turn hard.

Ive made ganache before and used it under fondant and it was firmed up quite a bit. But now I want to use it as a filling b/w my layers...how shud i do it?

Or shud I just use a chocolate BC? The recipe I have for a chocolate bc just says to add coco powder to BC and i dont like the taste of that.
Is there anything else i can do?

I also have mini chocolate chips on hand...wanted to use those. Ive enver used those for ganache though..always end up using a good quality dark chocolate...

Any suggestions?

1 reply
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 2

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Buttercream-109248

Have you seen the above recipe? If I was going to mix ganach and buttercream I'd probably go with a recipe like that.

Now as far as regular chocolate buttercream, I love making mine with my regular buttercream recipe and just adding the chocolate to it. When using cocoa powder I like the taste (and color) of the special dark cocoa powder over regular cocoa powder. I also like melted chocolate over regular cocoa powder. It just has a better taste to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%