I Had A Feature Written About My Business!

Business By motherofgrace Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm by EllieA

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
16 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:30am
post #2 of 17

wow what a great article!!
best of luck to you and your business!!
your little one is just too precious.
thanks for sharing.

motherofgrace Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 4:32am
post #3 of 17

thanks! isnt she just an aweosme writer!

icesk8ermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icesk8ermom Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 17

Congrats! I love the cakepop bouquet! What kind of container do you have that in and how are you holding the shape in the container? Is there Styrofoam in the container that the sticks are stuck into?

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 17

Woohoo! Congrats! icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 17

there is floral foam in it, And it is a container I got at micheals in the clearance bin fooooor $0.16!!! so i bought them out lol

icesk8ermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icesk8ermom Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 7:01pm
post #7 of 17

Awesome deal!! Thanks

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 17

Great article!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 8:08pm
post #9 of 17

Great piece. Love your cake pops

motherofgrace Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 17

thanks everyone!

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 12:57pm
post #11 of 17

Magazines, blogs, etc., will only feature a business once, so please take advantage of the opportunity and squeeze as much business out of this as you can because, as sad as it is, it won't happen again in this venue! My friend had great articles written about her in various magazines and she thought they would keep on coming, she never did anything about them and now she has nothing to show for it. Make copies of the article and send it now to different places where you can advertise your business. Yes, you can do that in the future but there is nothing like an article just published and nobody pays attention to one written a year ago!

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:21pm
post #12 of 17

icon_smile.gif Congrat's!
A great article. icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:23pm
post #13 of 17

Congratulations, and Ellie is right, milk it for all it's worth!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 2:42am
post #14 of 17

Great article, congratulations!!!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:57am
post #15 of 17

thanks!

And how should I milk it?

Just need some ideas LOL thanks!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:16pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

thanks!

And how should I milk it?

Just need some ideas LOL thanks!

Post a link to it on facebook, your blog and your website, if you have a twitter account tweet about it. Just put links to it anywhere that will get people to look at the article.

EllieA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EllieA Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #17 of 17

Do a mini-"opening". Get newspapers in your area (the free ones if you cannot afford the others but try anyway), and ask for the features editor (or he/she may redirect you to the right person), send them a copy of the article and ask them to interview you. No, don't ask! Demand! (kidding). But have an attidue of self assurance, confidence and happiness and tell him/her: Hi, I had a great article published about me and my business (sorry the grammar!), and since you cover my target area, I would like you to interview me! I can have some samples ready so you can see for yourself how wonderful my products are, and, by the way, my mentioning the article maybe you can give your readers a 10% discount if they order by the end of the month (even if their event is for 5 months from now!). And I have a special for Brides, Bat Mitzvahs, First Communions, Children's parties, Bridal and Baby Showers, and so on! icon_biggrin.gif And you do that with all the newspapers in the area (not at the same time - every 2 weeks), and then go to a local department store (not a chain) and ask to be featured at the front of the store, where you'll have a big poster of the magazine, and cupcakes or cakes to sell PLUS the coupons for future orders! Milk it, baby, milk it! icon_biggrin.gif Once you do that, let us know and we'll tell you the next steps! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%