I Need Some Advice, I Think My Cake Is In Flavor Overload.

Decorating By shannonmarie77 Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 3:49am by SpringFlour

shannonmarie77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonmarie77 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:03am
post #1 of 4

This is my first time working with fondant and I became over excited and used the kool aid method to color my MMF. I made a blue raspberry lemonade for the main part of the cake and lemon lime and a vanilla for the accents.

I had originally purchased fudge marble cake mix but now I am thinking that the fondant combination would be gross with it? I also am worried that even if I go with a white cake with regular butter cream and the made fondant it will be to much still?

So would it be better to use the fondant on white cake with butter cream or only use the fondant on the marble as an accent and and just color butter cream blue? My dd really likes the marble with the chocolate butter cream but I hate to scratch all the blue fondant.

Also, if I skip the main blue fondant can it be frozen and used later? I'm not sure if I can use that large amount anytime soon.

Thanks!!

3 replies
CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:17am
post #2 of 4

I think you're right - it's too many different flavors for one cake. I would stick to just the white cake with buttercream because I don't think fondant freezes very well. Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:27am
post #3 of 4

I freeze leftover fondant all the time. If it is sticky or has condensation when it thaws, you can add in a little powdered sugar. I would DEFINITELY not throw it out...that is too much work to waste!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:49am
post #4 of 4

I also freeze fondant all the time. Double wrap, then place in a ziploc. Works fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%