Food Hygience Certficate?

Business By Mae_mom Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 7:59pm by BlueBirdBakery

Mae_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mae_mom Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:01am
post #1 of 5

How do I go about getting one? My google search is, quite honestly, very overwhelming! Any tips or recommendations on the best way to get a certificate? Thanks much!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:30am
post #2 of 5

It's usually regulated by the health department of the state you live in, if you live in the US.

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:47am
post #3 of 5

I used a company called "" I know they are in Ca, or and Wa. Not sure where else. Do a food safety certificate search on google and you'll get some options.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:59am
post #4 of 5

If you mean a food safety certificate, most people around here use ServSafe. You can find a list of classes at the link below.

BlueBirdBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueBirdBakery Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:59pm
post #5 of 5

I myself am taking the ServSafe class right now. I felt that this certification would be a good start to my new business. I am taking my class online through my community college.

Quote by @%username% on %date%