Iron Man Cake With Light Up Eyes????

Decorating By cakin-mommy_2 Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 3:02am by cakesrock

cakin-mommy_2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakin-mommy_2 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for an iron man face shaped cake with light up eyes to feed 50 guests!! I don't have a clue! Help please!

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 4

Check out the galleries, there are a number you could use for inspiration.
Here's an example:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1673413.html
For the light up eyes, you can get the mini water proof LED lights in Walmart in varied colors. They are waterproof. Just wrap them in saran before inserting in cake. They will give you 48- 72 hours. Check out my traffic light cake in my photos, as well as in my no vacancy sign in my stocking cake- I used them in both. Good luck and please post pic here after....

cakin-mommy_2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakin-mommy_2 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 12:31am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much! The light up eyes were stumoing me, she has a pic of what she wants the cake to look like, but I didn't know how to do the lights. My other problem is how to get a cake like this to feed so many guests. I offered cupcakes or adding a square tier underneath the face shaped cake. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks again for the advice....I assume the LED lights you mention are just battery powered?

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 3:02am
post #4 of 4

I would put the face on a 1/2 sheet as the base, then you'll definitely have enough servings. Yes, the LED lights are battery powered and let off very little heat, so they are ideal. Have fun....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%