September 2010 Cookie Club

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 5:37am by letsgetcaking

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 7:21pm
post #31 of 53

What happened??? Where did everybody go???

No one else wanted to "play" this month???? icon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 8:18pm
post #32 of 53

I was wondering the same thing. But, of course, I haven't found the time to make anything, either. And, darn if September isn't a short month! Maybe I can find time tomorrow. I hope other people do, too!

RoseCitySugarcraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 10:24pm
post #33 of 53

I just discovered this thread, and am really looking forward to joining in soon.

When does October's theme get posted? I'll be watching for it.
Thanks, and happy baking everyone!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:32pm
post #34 of 53

I've been doing a lot of chocolate work lately and the cookies I've done are fashion oriented, not the theme of the month. I was hoping to see other cookies from the gang! icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 12:57pm
post #35 of 53

The October theme will be posted on the 1st. I'll start a new thread with the theme, and put a link to it in this one.

RoseCitySugarcraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:44pm
post #36 of 53

Thanks Bonnie!
my new cutters and squeeze bottles are slated to arrive today! So, after Cake Camp this weekend, I'll be ready to start cookie-ing!

Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:28pm
post #37 of 53

I went to decorate the cookie I had stored for this...and found it broken. icon_cry.gif

If I had dough stored away I would've pulled it out and baked another one or two but I don't. I've been having cake requests coming lately!

Ah well, there's always October!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:09am
post #38 of 53

Bonnie I have *cough* zaxapoaphobia *cough* and cannot participate. . . .

icon_wink.gif

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 1:47pm
post #39 of 53

Darn! I had some ideas for this month, but then I made a commitment to donate 650 cookies and I am too swamped with that project to do these "for fun" ones.

I'll share my ideas in case anyone wants to try them. I was planning to make chocolate cookie dough, and try to make:

1. A hopscotch diagram (with powdered sugar lines so it would look kind of like chalk marks),

2. Jacks (with dragees as the round parts and a semi-3-D ball that protruded from the cookie), and

3. A cookie stack that looked like a Rubik's cube: 3 square sandwich cookies with edges iced to be flat surfaces... and edges decorated with colorful fondant squares. I was going to stack two sandwich cookies straight on top of each other, and then the third (top) one at an angle, so it looks like one layer of the Rubik's cube was being "turned". The top of the top cookie would also be decorated with the colorful fondant squares.

4. One of those wind-up toy monkeys with the cymbals in its hands.

Hopefully, I'll have time to do next month's theme! I'm really bummed that I did not have time to participate this month. It was a great theme!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:10pm
post #40 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by endymion

Darn! I had some ideas for this month, but then I made a commitment to donate 650 cookies and I am too swamped with that project to do these "for fun" ones.

Those were all terrific ideas, I wish we could've seen them! Can I just ask who you donated all of the cookies to? I love the warm and fuzzy feeling I get when I hear about CCers doing good works for others!

bonniebakes Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:04pm
post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

you know, there's a treatment for that nowadays.... the generic name for it is the make-a-cookie pill. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bonniebakes Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:05pm
post #42 of 53
Quote:

I'll share my ideas in case anyone wants to try them. I was planning to make chocolate cookie dough, and try to make:

1. A hopscotch diagram (with powdered sugar lines so it would look kind of like chalk marks),

2. Jacks (with dragees as the round parts and a semi-3-D ball that protruded from the cookie), and

that's soo funny! Those were my first 2 thoughts 9but not those methods, of course)! I made both, but wasn't happy with how either turned out, then had the candyland game idea.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:12pm
post #43 of 53
Quote:

3. A cookie stack that looked like a Rubik's cube: 3 square sandwich cookies with edges iced to be flat surfaces... and edges decorated with colorful fondant squares. I was going to stack two sandwich cookies straight on top of each other, and then the third (top) one at an angle, so it looks like one layer of the Rubik's cube was being "turned". The top of the top cookie would also be decorated with the colorful fondant squares.

4. One of those wind-up toy monkeys with the cymbals in its hands.

Hopefully, I'll have time to do next month's theme! I'm really bummed that I did not have time to participate this month. It was a great theme!

Do them anyway!!! I don't think anyone will mind if it's posted a tad late! icon_biggrin.gif

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:45pm
post #44 of 53

Love the hopscotch idea!
Maybe a cross cookies made to look like a hopscotch! I may have to try it on a "non Nutrition day ". Who doesn't think a cookie is nutritious? icon_smile.gif I can't even spell it! icon_smile.gif

endymion Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:48am
post #45 of 53

Great minds must think alike, huh, Bonnie? icon_wink.gif

Maybe I will try to make them later; we'll see.

The cookies are a donation for my son's school.

I had to Google zaxapoaphobia, and was linked back to an old Cake Central Cookie Club thread. Too funny!

bonniebakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 11:27am
post #46 of 53

October's theme has been chosen and a thread started....

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-697644.html

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:51am
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

you know, there's a treatment for that nowadays.... the generic name for it is the make-a-cookie pill. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'd need the entire bottle of pills! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

bonniebakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:23pm
post #48 of 53

mmmm... sounds yummy! but not too good for the waistline!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 11:41pm
post #49 of 53

I had so-o-o wanted to make a cookie for this month....and last! But life keeps getting in the way! Overtime at work and an ulcerated esophogus took all my cookie mojo away......

endymion Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 9:00pm
post #50 of 53

Okay, so I finally got a chance to make some of these cookies (quick versions! very short on time....) The hopscotch thingdid not work out, but here are the Rubik's cube and the jacks.

endymion Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 9:09pm
post #51 of 53

I cannot get the picture to post, so I am just putting it in my gallery.

bonniebakes Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 11:18pm
post #52 of 53

those are awesome!!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:37am
post #53 of 53

Wow, Endymion! I just saw your cookies, and I LOVE the Rubik's cube! What a fun idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%