Marshmallow Man Cake

Decorating By alexxturnerr Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 8:57pm by alexxturnerr

alexxturnerr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alexxturnerr Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 8:18am
post #1 of 4

I have an idea for a stay puft marshmallow man cake (from ghostbusters), but i'm not sure whether to make it as a cake or make it as a giant rice krispie treat and mould it into the shape.

Any ideas?

3 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 4

hi and welcome to CC. Saw it was you first post.

Oh I it would be so much fun to make it from cake and RKT. Maybe legs from rkt, body cake, and arms and head rkt.

You would have to build a cake stand to hold and build around but it would be cool.

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 4

I made one last year. I screwed two dowels (pretty thick ones) onto a cake drum for the legs, then I screwed a cake board cut to the shape of his body to the top of the dowels. I used RKT for the bottom of his stomach, legs and arms and put the carved cake on top of the cake board. His head was gumpaste. I *think* I attached his arms with skewers...but I am not 100% sure. Covered him in fondant and hand painted his face. It wasn't a very big cake and it was actually really cute. Sorry I don't have a pic, it's on my old computer. I can see if I can find one somewhere. I also covered the cake drum in fondant and made a road and little crushed cars under his feet and some 'wreckage'. It was fun! Let me know if you have any other ?'s icon_smile.gif

alexxturnerr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alexxturnerr Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the replies! This helped me a lot, i'll give it a go tomorrow with some of these ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%