Menu Wording... Can You Verbal Creative Types Give Me A Hand

Decorating By Tellis12 Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 2:07pm by Tellis12

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 8

I have a bride who has asked me to send her descriptions of the type of cake she ordered for their menus. I got this yesterday and their wedding is a week off. I really wish I'd had a heads up about this sooner because this is not my forte!

This is what she ordered

WASC with vanilla buttercream

WASC with raspberry

Chocolate with vanilla buttercream.

If it were up to me, I'd leave it at this. However, I realize this doesn't make a person say "mmm, that sounds delicious, I have to have some!

Can someone help me out? Thanks so very much!

7 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 8

Do you use any special ingrediants like vanilla bean or mexican vanilla? Do you do a dark chocolate cake or a milk chocolate cake.

I would say something like

White Almond Cake with creamy vanilla frosting
White Almond Cake with tart raspberry filling (if it's tart, otherwise just raspberry filling) Is your raspberry filling just the filling or also the frosting...if it's straight sleeve filling then leave it, if you mix with your BC , I would call it raspberry mouse filling)

Rich Chocolate cake with creamy vanilla frosting.

I don't like to say buttercream because a) my buttercream has no butter in it and b) it sounds a little homemade . Not that homemade is bad but if she's printing menus this is a fancy wedding.

Good luck

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 8

Densely moist cake with a delicate crumb and a hint of almond. Paired with a creamy vanilla buttercream.

Mouth-watering raspberries pair with almonds in a perfect marriage of moist white almond cake and raspberry filling.

Rich chocolate cake is even more heavenly matched with creamy vanilla buttercream. The perfect match of sinful chocolate and sweet vanilla.

HTH!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 8

If you are listing ingrediEnts,
I wouldn't say raspberry "mouse"!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:00am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Based on menus my previous brides have made, this is the basic info she's looking for. She just wants to let the guests know what kind of cake they will be eating. I doubt she's looking for a big fancy dancy description ..... just "what kind of cake".

Don't overthink it. Send her a couple of ideas and let her pick one.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:37am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

Based on menus my previous brides have made, this is the basic info she's looking for. She just wants to let the guests know what kind of cake they will be eating. I doubt she's looking for a big fancy dancy description ..... just "what kind of cake".

geez Deb, way to shoot me down icon_sad.gif I was so proud of my fancy dancy description!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:54am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavyheather

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

geez Deb, way to shoot me down icon_sad.gif I was so proud of my fancy dancy description!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif and it sounded great! But I DID suggest sending "a couple" of descriptions so she could pick the style she wanted. thumbs_up.gif

P.S. My suggestion *IS* based on what I've seen brides put on their menu placards, but I must admit to being a little biased toward the "keep it simple" concept. It really bugs me to read a menu and have a dish description so far out there that my only reaction is "sounds great ..... but what *IS* it?" icon_biggrin.gif

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you ladies! I wish it was easier for me to think of these things. I appreciate your time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%