What Hours Do You Do?

Business By pixiefuncakes Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 12:02am by cakeschmake

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 7:13am
post #1 of 2

So I am in the process of setting up a business from home (exhausting!) and am starting to think of the practicalities of working from home and would love to hear from anyone who does.

Do you give yourself set hours to work or do you just fit it in around everything else?

I have two children in school and to date have worked around their school day and at night when needed, but end up feeling that I am either doing housework or decorating cakes and getting nowhere.

Desperately in need of some words of wisdom!

1 reply
cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 12:02am
post #2 of 2

I fit it in around everything else. I have two in school and 1 at home, so I try to do things early or late after they are in bed, it doesnt always work out that way though.
I do have it posted on my website that my hours are 10-6 Mon-Sat and if someone calls outside those hours it goes to voicemail, but I answer emails anytime I can.
Consider yourself lucky if you are getting your housework done, sometimes all that is clean in my house is the kitchen, before I start decorating, that is. icon_lol.gif If I have a busy cake week, nothing gets done unless hubby does it.
I need a better system too if anyone has any suggestions icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%