Jennifer Dontz's New Dvd - Love It!!!

Decorating By Denise Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 6:15pm by JenniferMI

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:31am
post #1 of 13

Just wanted you all to know I received my copy of Jennifer Dontz's newest DVD on sugar flowers/leaves. I must say, her techniques are so easy....I think anyone can make these. Jennifer shows step by step how to make her beautiful rose, stephanotis and rose foliage. You know, you can take a rose class from 6 different people and learn 6 different methods, but this one produces a GORGEOUS rose and is easy to do! I like that the stephanotis doesn't need cutters or veiners!! Very professional work I just wanted to share my excitement!

12 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 13

icon_biggrin.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:10am
post #3 of 13

Lhave been looking qt it! She does make beautiful roses. Did you order the bundles?

Denise Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 13

I have taken classes with Jen and so I had the equipment that she uses in the DVD but if you don't have the exact same you won't get the same results.

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 13

This is true! I am planning to order the bundle#1 and bundle #2 I have that equipment. I am excited that she is doing the floral sugarpaste. She is sooooo good at what she does. Thanks for your info.

Denise Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 13

You're welcome! Jennifer is an amazing talent but best of all, she is an excellent teacher whether it is in person or on the DVD's. They are clear and concise and the advantage of stopping and DO OVER!!!

The advantage of the class with Jen is she can see what you are doing and help you make adjustments if needed so you aren't frustrating yourself trying to get it right!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 13

I'm THRILLED you liked the DVD Denise! My favorite part of cake decorating is the sugar flowers.... I just love trying to get them more and more real looking.

Happy flower making!

Sweet regards,

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 13

Oh man, now I can't wait to get mine!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:28pm
post #9 of 13

Has anyone purchased her fondant DVD? Is it good for beginners? I have been wanting to purchase the dvd, but I am not sure of what skill level it is good for. icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:29pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy383

Has anyone purchased her fondant DVD? Is it good for beginners? I have been wanting to purchase the dvd, but I am not sure of what skill level it is good for. icon_smile.gif

Yes, I have all of them. I think they are all good for beginners. The instructions are easy to follow and with the DVD you can always rewind! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:41pm
post #11 of 13

Any skill level can make these.

I've taught many a beginner in my classes, people that have never touched gumpaste before, and they do great.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:44pm
post #12 of 13

I'll have to put that one on my list! I had stephanotis in my bouquet when I got married... It's one of my faves!

JenniferMI Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 6:15pm
post #13 of 13

The stephanotis are so lifelike. They don't requre any cutters or veiners, just a tiny pair of scissors....which is the best part!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%