Amazing Wedding Cakes...i'm Confused Now

Lounge By ShopGrl1128 Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 12:12pm by sweeteats0919

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 6

Last night was the 3rd season premier and I'm very confused about something.

I'm a fan of Merci Beaucoup Cakes in FB and Reva posted a picture of the 'naked' cake before decorating it, the cake was entirely DUMMIES, the picture is gone now...very suspicious, and then I remembered that when Marc messed up the pipping on the cake he scrapped it off and it actually looked and sounded like scrapping on a dummy! icon_surprised.gif

Did they actually did the cake for the show all dummies and 'pretended' to ice real cakes??? icon_surprised.gif

Was going on???!!!
Oh...the magic of television! icon_rolleyes.gif

5 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 6

I don't remember seeing the pic of the dummy cakes, but I do vividly remember the scraping sound when he took the icing off that cake!!! You are sooo right..that sounded a little strange. icon_confused.gif

pikevillemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pikevillemom Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 6

I saw that. The layers that were painted gold were dummy but the others were suppose to be real. You never really know

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:25am
post #4 of 6

I haven't watched the new episode yet but I do remember seeing the baseball themed cake that Cake Girls supposedly made for a customer on display in their showroom. It was in the background during a consultation. It does make you wonder...

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:36am
post #5 of 6

While watching the old episodes today, I also saw the baseball themed cake at a bridal show they were doing.

I also noticed that they are using sheeters to roll out fondant and using more modeling chocolate now as well.

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 12:12pm
post #6 of 6

That cake had to be fake!! If you go back and watch the episode you see Mark carrying the fully stacked covered cake all by himself. My fiance saw that and said that there is no way that cake could have been real it would have been so heavy and Mark barely looked like he was straining to carry the beast. Also when they deliver the cake if you look the "bride and groom" dont really looked like they are dressed for their wedding day. I think the whole thing was set up for the show which is weird. Why dont they just do a customers cake like Christopher Garrens? I love his cakes and the show tho!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%