Want To Make This Peach Mousse Cake

Decorating By MisterLamEd Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 6:16pm by MisterLamEd

MisterLamEd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 21

Sooo its close to my friend's birthday and she loves peaches and i found this around the web and wondering if all you pros out here could teach me how to make one 60-90% similar to this cake!

how it looks"
http://tinyurl.com/24wp3os
http://tinyurl.com/2fvrzwp
thats how it looks and this is whats in the inside:
http://tinyurl.com/29eqqmj

Please and thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

*what i think how its made (correct me if i'm wrong):

the shiny part is made from caramelized sugar or peach sugar? :S

The bottom is like biscuits like from tiramisu?

the top or all around should be the peach mousse?

and the middle are peaches.

20 replies
LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 21

To me the base looks like a sponge cake and the outer edge looks like gelatin.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 21

Well, apparently it's Chinese, as this is the translation that came up...

The honey peach taste admires the Si cake. Beautiful admires Si, the outer layer is flesh color the honey peach admires Si, the interior is the willow tree orange fruit pulp with the honey peach frozen putty. Is bored with willow tree orange neutral honey peach that little syrup, is the very good method, but always thought that the entire cake the taste has been too pale, after neat, has not left behind any thing.
------
So close as I can get is:
Cake on the bottom flavored with a peach simple syrup; honey peach frozen putty, sounds like honey peach ice cream; willow tree orange fruit pulp, sounds like a orange preserve as the middle stuffing; covered in a gelatin mirror glaze.
Sound anything close?
-
Recreating it as cake, mousse, and peaches sounds yummy.

MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 21

then how about the middle [not the peaches] is that mousse?

any idea how could i make this?

MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Well, apparently it's Chinese, as this is the translation that came up...

The honey peach taste admires the Si cake. Beautiful admires Si, the outer layer is flesh color the honey peach admires Si, the interior is the willow tree orange fruit pulp with the honey peach frozen putty. Is bored with willow tree orange neutral honey peach that little syrup, is the very good method, but always thought that the entire cake the taste has been too pale, after neat, has not left behind any thing.
------
So close as I can get is:
Cake on the bottom flavored with a peach simple syrup; honey peach frozen putty, sounds like honey peach ice cream; willow tree orange fruit pulp, sounds like a orange preserve as the middle stuffing; covered in a gelatin mirror glaze.
Sound anything close?
-
Recreating it as cake, mousse, and peaches sounds yummy.

sound really really close but i dunno im a amateur :/ and i did not understand what you said xD

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 21

I think if you substitute the word "like" for the word "admire", and reverse the sentence structure, it makes more sense.

The Si cake tastes like honey peach. The outer layer of the Si cake is the beautiful flesh color like the honey peach. The interior is peach pulp with frozen honey peach paste (maybe peach juice concentrate?). It is injected with honey peach syrup...

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 21

Maybe this might work.. Get nesting bowls (graduated sizes). Make a whipped cream/peach gelatin/peach nectar mousse, line a medium sized bowl with plastic wrap, fill with mixture and freeze. In the largest bowl, put peach gelatin that has dissolved and cooled/slighly thickened. Take frozen center out by releasing plastic wrap and put it into the larger bowl of gelatin.. When almost set, place a disk of sponge cake soaked with peach liqueur or a peach simple syrup and put in bowl to cover the top. When solidified, quickly dip bowl in warm water to release gelatin and invert.

MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLuLu

Maybe this might work.. Get nesting bowls (graduated sizes). Make a whipped cream/peach gelatin/peach nectar mousse, line a medium sized bowl with plastic wrap, fill with mixture and freeze. In the largest bowl, put peach gelatin that has dissolved and cooled/slighly thickened. Take frozen center out by releasing plastic wrap and put it into the larger bowl of gelatin.. When almost set, place a disk of sponge cake soaked with peach liqueur or a peach simple syrup and put in bowl to cover the top. When solidified, quickly dip bowl in warm water to release gelatin and invert.

i'll try that but erm could you make instructions more simple for me? xD

7yyrt Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:33pm
post #9 of 21

All right, translating from 7yyrt language... LOL

It's made in a individual-size bowl mold.
Put an even layer of ice cream (or your mousse) all around the mold.
In the middle, put some fruit preserves (or your peaches) .
Cover with another layer of ice cream or mousse, insert the cake or biscuit round gently.
Chill until firm and unmold.
If you want the shiny outside; you can set it on a cookie rack, and pour a thin layer of cool slightly thickened peach Jello over the top allowing the excess to drip off.
Put back in the refrigerator for the Jello to finish setting.

MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:48pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:

All right, translating from 7yyrt language... LOL

It's made in a individual-size bowl mold.
Put an even layer of ice cream (or your mousse) all around the mold.
In the middle, put some fruit preserves (or your peaches) .
Cover with another layer of ice cream or mousse, insert the cake or biscuit round gently.
Chill until firm and unmold.
If you want the shiny outside; you can set it on a cookie rack, and pour a thin layer of cool slightly thickened peach Jello over the top allowing the excess to drip off.
Put back in the refrigerator for the Jello to finish setting.

thank you oba-san! icon_biggrin.gif but how do you erm put the jello on? o.o
also is there a recipe for a peach mousse you can recommend to me? :3

MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:14pm
post #11 of 21

can this be done instead?
make the shape with the jello freeze it then put the mousse inside layer it peach and then more mousse then a biscuit or butter cookie etc... and put into fridge again?
then use the ip bowl in warm water trick to get it out?

7yyrt Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:45pm
post #12 of 21

You mean, try to make a Jello shell in the mold like one makes a chocolate shell?
You could try, I guess.
Fill it and chill until a layer is set and pour the liquid out...?
I have no idea if that would work, though.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:49pm
post #13 of 21

MisterLambEd, I've seen that kind of cakes, but I don't remember where in these magazines!

They're all downloadable PDFs and they contain recipes and amazing techniques from pastry chefs.

Even the Asian versions have a translation to English. I go there regularly and download the latest back issue (they're free) and keep them all in a folder. Very interesting stuff. Maybe you'll find your technique here:

http://www.pastryna.com/

MisterLamEd Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:05pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:

You mean, try to make a Jello shell in the mold like one makes a chocolate shell?
You could try, I guess.
Fill it and chill until a layer is set and pour the liquid out...?
I have no idea if that would work, though.

i mean like erm nvm that wouldn't work since jello mixture is liquid :/ what did you suggest cause if i use a cookie pan and cool the jellow it won't come out round :/

MisterLamEd Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:10am
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

MisterLambEd, I've seen that kind of cakes, but I don't remember where in these magazines!

They're all downloadable PDFs and they contain recipes and amazing techniques from pastry chefs.

Even the Asian versions have a translation to English. I go there regularly and download the latest back issue (they're free) and keep them all in a folder. Very interesting stuff. Maybe you'll find your technique here:

all of them looks great but none are close to what i'm looking for :/

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:19pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:

.... Maybe you'll find your technique here:

Wow! thanks for posting this link! There are a ton of magazines in there and many recipies if you are willing to take the time to 'flip' through them all!

MisterLamEd Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 1:51am
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu

Quote:

.... Maybe you'll find your technique here:

Wow! thanks for posting this link! There are a ton of magazines in there and many recipies if you are willing to take the time to 'flip' through them all!

yup but none that i'm looking for :/

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 5:28pm
post #18 of 21

sorry to hear that you aren't finding what you are looking for!

As others have said or suggested, you can probably make the outer layer using gelatin, the middle via a mouse and the center using preserves with a cake on the bottom... as to how, you'd need something to use as a mold for the outer most layer, then make each of the other items (gelatin and mouse) thick enought that you can get them to stay in place while they set or use a second mold that is slightly smaller then the first for each layer... if you aren't at all familiar with a method like this I think the only thing that would help are some pictures - which I haven't seen anywhere - sorry!

I hope you figure it out.

7yyrt Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 6:07pm
post #19 of 21

All right, let's try again a little differently. What you are making is a miniature bombe.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uVec_Rd_itY/Sw2jnEeceCI/AAAAAAAAIv4/QCU3SPgnc_A/s1600/bombe1.jpg
In this color-coded picture you press the orange area into your mold.
Put your filling in the dip.
Then fill in the pink area, and insert the cookie/cake round.
Chill, then unmold (as a dome) on a rack.
Pour chilled thickened Jello over it covering the entire bombe. Chill to set the Jello.
Put a decoration on top as desired.
(This shows covering with chocolate, but one does the same with the Jello.) http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2004/02/11/fo1d52_chocolate_bombe_lg.jpg

MisterLamEd Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 3:05pm
post #20 of 21

hmm okay i'll try that but i also have also have an idea which is to make the jello cool a bowl in the fridge put a wash of jello put it in the fridge take it out put and other wash until it makes the thickness i want :/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%