Pastry Pride

Decorating By sundowng Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm by doramoreno62

sundowng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sundowng Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:17am
post #1 of 8

I've only used Pastry Pride for desserts -- never to decorate a cake. Can you add fondant pieces to it? Can you decorate on it with buttercream? I need to make a drum cake, and I'm trying to figure out what the best way is to put the side pieces on. Also, how early can you decorate it? Would it be ok for 24 hours in the refrigerator, or will colors run?

Thanks for any help!

7 replies
deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:27am
post #2 of 8

there is a post started by Melvira that is all about Bettercreme which I am pretty sure is about the same thing. I had all sorts of info in it.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:57am
post #3 of 8

I frost all my cake with PP. I've used it with buttercream accents and also put frozen buttercream transfers on it with no problems at all.
I've heard that if you put fondant pieces on it they will melt. Never tried it though. I've use gumpaste decorations on PP but the gumpaste was completely dry before placing on the PP.
You can refridgerate it for 24 hrs but I would make sure it was covered. PP tends to get a "stale" crust on it. I have refridgerated uncovered cakes for 12 hours with no problems.
I'm gonna look for thepost from Melvira. I hope ther's good info there.
Hope that helps!

sundowng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sundowng Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks so much!

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 8
doramoreno62 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 1:52am
post #6 of 8

Hmm...that post sure has alot of pages! I've never used Bettercreme but I'm sure it's almost the same as Pastry Pride. I know it's more expensive than PP, and if you choose to flavor it, I doubt there would be much of a difference. I'm going to buy some Bettercreme and check it out.

lovenintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovenintheoven Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

I frost all my cake with PP. I've used it with buttercream accents and also put frozen buttercream transfers on it with no problems at all.
I've heard that if you put fondant pieces on it they will melt. Never tried it though. I've use gumpaste decorations on PP but the gumpaste was completely dry before placing on the PP.
You can refridgerate it for 24 hrs but I would make sure it was covered. PP tends to get a "stale" crust on it. I have refridgerated uncovered cakes for 12 hours with no problems.
Hope that helps!

Can I use PP as a filling w/raspberry puree and let it sit overnight on counter, covered in fondant? Thanks!

doramoreno62 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenintheoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

Hope that helps!

Can I use PP as a filling w/raspberry puree and let it sit overnight on counter, covered in fondant? Thanks!

Yes. Because it is non-dairy, it will not spoil if you don't refrigerate it. I mix in dry puddings, crushed oreos, flavorings and basically anything that does not require refrigeration and have never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%