? About Gluten Free Cakes

Decorating By KakesbyKris Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 1:38am by anjaligg

KakesbyKris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakesbyKris Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:21am
post #1 of 3

I have an order for a gluten free cake for a birthday. I don't know much if anything about gluten free nor have I made anything gluten free. I have seen recipes as well as mixes at the health food store. . Do they taste awful? Should I play it safe and use a mix? Any help would be appreciated. TIA icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:30am
post #2 of 3

My sister avoids gluten. We found a gluten free carrot cake that is absolutely her favorite. People can't tell that it is gluten free. By the way, if you are baking gluten free for a customer, you need to know how sensitive they are to gluten. Because, I doubt the can totally rid gluten from all of your mixing and baking equipment.

anjaligg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anjaligg Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:38am
post #3 of 3

All I bake is gluten free! Gluten free baking takes a lot of practice. It took me 3 yrs to make a decent birthday cake for my daughter who is allergic to gluten.

Make sure that you give yourself enough time to be able to bake again just in case. Namaste brands are one of the better ones I found.

If baking from scratch, use flours by authentic foods. Their brown rice flour is extrafine ground and makes unbelievable cakes!!!

I have found that baking from scratch produces far better results than any of the cake mixes when baking glutenfree.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif
Good luck!

Anjaligg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%