Experiment

Baking By messy1 Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 5:46pm by Amylou

messy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy1 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 3

I just finished making the dark chocolate rolled sugar cookie by pumkinwaffles and the NFSC by Khalstead. I have a sugar cookie recipe that I have always used (at the least the one year I have been trying to learn this) but wanted to branch out. I love the chocolate dough. It was the easiest stuff to roll and cut and the cookies truly hold their shape. My neighbor does not drink coffee and she could taste the espresso in them and did not care for them so I think the next time I make them I will not put the espresso in and see if they are just a good chocolate cookie. They are hard to tell when done because of course you cannot see the edges browning. The NFSC dough mixed up nicely and after letting it rest for the five minutes it tells you to it seemed ready to go but when I started working with it it was very crumbly. Am not sure what went wrong there. Also, the cookies are crispier than my other sugar cookie and almost too sweet. I used 3 cups of sugar and with the glace icing they are almost too sweet to eat. I thought they spread more than they would also. I did like the flatness of the cookie when it came to decorating them because my old recipe calls for baking powder and they puff up some which makes a flat top almost impossible. My old recipe stays soft and I just like the texture of them. All in all I will try the chocolate again but am not sure about the NFSC..... icon_smile.gif

2 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:53am
post #2 of 3
Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 3

I didn't have much luck when I tried that version of the NFSC, so I stayed with the original.

One tip I read somewhere about how to tell when the chocolate cookies were done was to put one regular sugar cookie on the tray with them. For me it was a good gauge to use to get my timing down.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%