Facebook Classifieds Page

Decorating By Polkadot79 Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 9:21pm by Polkadot79

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 7

I've created a page on Facebook for the buying, selling, and possibly even trading of good cake decorating supplies that you no longer need or want. There is a local classified page for my city and it's been a huge success on Facebook. I'm always on the lookout at local thrift and discount stores for supplies and thought this could be a cool way to shop online for new-to-me but used supplies!

I am in no way responsible for the transactions between users, but simply just the messenger. I think this can be a useful and fun way to buy supplies at less than retail prices.

Like the page and suggest to all your friends! I'm excited about the possibilities and have a few items to upload myself.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Things-Cake-Classifieds-Buy-Sell-or-Swap/146418978721871?v=photos#!/pages/All-Things-Cake-Classifieds-Buy-Sell-or-Swap/146418978721871?v=wall

Some item suggestions:

*Mixers and other baking equipment
*Cake Pans
*Cake Plates & Stands
*Decorating Tips
*Gumpaste & Fondant Cutters, Embossers, Stencils, Molds, Tappits, etc.
...and the list goes on and on!

What do you all think?

6 replies
ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 7

I think it's a great idea and I am a fan already! Why not have an easy to access forum to trade/ get a good deal on cake supplies or pass on some gantly used items that someone else could benefit from. I'll be keeping my eye on it for sure!

Thanks!

Polkadot79 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 7

Great! My thought exactly...I have stuff that I bought thinking I would use and then never do. Also, I'm sure there are people out there with good used mixers, etc that have expanded or upgraded.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 7

Great idea! I liked it!

Polkadot79 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:16am
post #5 of 7

Thanks to the almost 40 that have clicked "like" so far...remember to suggest to your friends!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #6 of 7

Thanks! Just listed a bunch of Wilton vintage & current shaped pans. Been looking for a forum to sell them besides E-Bay.

Polkadot79 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 7

Ebay eats all the profit in fees in my opinion. I do love ebay though. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%