Confused About The Cricut...

Decorating By divadane Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 3:31am by lchristi27

divadane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divadane Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:34am
post #1 of 9

hi all,
i've been reading about it a lot, but i don't really understand how it works...

let's say i want a red heart image. would i place, say, red-colored fondant in the machine and it just cuts the heart? or, would i simply place white fondant in the machine and it will color it red AND cut it out?

any info is appreciated. thanks! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:39am
post #2 of 9

It just cuts out. It does not do the coloring. icon_smile.gif

debbie1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie1234 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:49am
post #3 of 9

I was just wondering if you all were talking about the cricut machine that you can buy at Wal-Mart that cuts out images from paper, etc?

MKinPA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKinPA Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 3:25am
post #4 of 9

I believe she is talking about the Cricut Cake machine. I bought mine at Michael's.

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 3:49am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie1234

I was just wondering if you all were talking about the machine that you can buy at Wal-Mart that cuts out images from paper, etc?

You can use that, it's what alot of people used before the cricut cake became available.

debbie1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie1234 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 2:52am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie1234

I was just wondering if you all were talking about the machine that you can buy at Wal-Mart that cuts out images from paper, etc?

You can use that, it's what alot of people used before the cake became available.

Thanks so much for the info. I was not aware that there was something like this that could be used. I use cookie cutters but what a world of difference something like this would make. Do you happen to know where all that you can purchase one of these from. Thanks for the help. icon_biggrin.gif

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:15am
post #7 of 9

Ebay has the Cricut Cake Machine. I recently saw a post on cc that someone purchased it through ebay for $190. When they first came out they were around $400.00, but it also came with some extras. HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:25am
post #8 of 9

You might want to keep researching the cricut. I hate it for cake stuff. I'm using my cutters.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:31am
post #9 of 9

I'm having a lot of fun with my cake cricut. Was really hesitant about it with so many people having trouble using it, but I havent had as much trouble as others. It's the same as everyone else, learning curve. Figuring out what works and what doesnt. Google it too, and you can find all kinds of information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%