Can I Still Use Mmf I Made On August 12Th

Baking By soledad Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 4:45am by cheatize

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:23am
post #1 of 9

I am very...very new to baking and decorating cookies. On the 12th I made a bacht of mmf but only use 1/2 of it, I put the rest aside and forgot about it, I found it today! icon_surprised.gif It is well wrapped with film wrap and in a plastic container and it has been in room temparature.
I would like to know if I can still use it? I only make cookies for family and friends. Thank you for your answer! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 4:39am
post #2 of 9

Which recipe did you use?
How does it taste?

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:10am
post #3 of 9

I use Rhondas MMF recipe and if you have it well wrapped with plastic wrap and in a container it is still good to use, I have some in refrigerator and some in an airtight plastic container in my cupboard and both lasts for quite awhile.

soledad Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:35am
post #4 of 9

cheatize, I use a recipe given to me by my teacher which is very simple
1.- 1lb mini marshmallow
2.- 2tablespoon of water
3.- 1/4 of crisco
4.- 2lbs of podwer sugar(publix)
5.- 1 teaspons vainilla
It does not have any perishable ingredients. It is very delicious.
Everyone I gave one of my cookies love them, and one of my brothers is very picky and he also said it was very good and also looked very pretty. I have not posted the cookies I made with this fondant, I have been very busy! I will post them later. I have the recipe in my computer and the procedure.

Sugarlicious, I will look for Rhonda's recipe to see if it is similar.
Thank you both for your time.

CIAO

soledad Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:47am
post #5 of 9

cheatize, I am sorry I think I did not understand your question correctly.If you are asking , how it taste at this moment... I just tried it ... it taste ok.It does not taste weird.

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:55am
post #6 of 9

You can still use it. That recipe contains nothing that can go "bad" and as long as it was wrapped really well and hasn't dried out it will be fine.

soledad Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:23am
post #7 of 9

Babs1964, I had just taken a piece of it to taste and still is soft! I will be making cookies this weekend and will use it. Thank you icon_smile.gif

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:27am
post #8 of 9

Your welcome! icon_wink.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 4:45am
post #9 of 9

I asked about the taste because sometimes my MMF should still be good (none of the ingredients I used to make it are expired and all ingredients are shelf stable) but it tastes bad. My general criteria for whether it's usable or not is:
Are the ingredients shelf stable?
Are any of the ingredients close to the expiration date?
Workability
Appearance
Flavor

If all that's okay, it should be fine to use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%