Help Attaching Wired Gumpaste Petals!

Decorating By wilsonar Updated 5 Sep 2010 , 2:27pm by thatslifeca

wilsonar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wilsonar Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 12:51am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I've made the wired petals for a gumpaste magnolia I'm attempting to make. I'm having a lot of trouble attaching the petals though. When I tape the individual petal onto the wire, they move around and keep bending. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it so the petals won't move around all over the place?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

2 replies
Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 3

You need to get right up in there nice and tight with your tape. Start down slightly lower and then move the tape as far up as you can. Once you get the entire flower finished taping, you can move the petals wherever they need to sit.

Sometimes, those little buggers just won't cooperate. They're the ones you either move to the back of the arrangement or lay flat on the cake!

Paul

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 3

What Sweet_Guys mentioned above is true. Also it depends on the wire that you used. Sometimes with bigger, heavier petals and leaves you need to use a thicker wire to support the weight of the petal. It also helps me sometimes if I first tape every wire individually and the attach them together. Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%