Need Help With Ideas For Cake

Decorating By sugarlicious Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 9:26pm by sugarlicious

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, I had a request for a square or rectangle cake covered with fondant, half vanilla and half marble with cream cheese filling to serve 20 people, colors bright yellow and blue for a 39th wedding anniversary. What can I use to decorate around the box so it isn't plain looking to make it look a bit elegant and how much would you charge to do this cake. Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
sugarlicious Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 6

Oh, I forgot and they want a big bow on top of the present in the corner.

sugarlicious Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 6

They want the cake shaped like a present, I should make sure all info is in one message before I post, lol.

sugarlicious Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

Anyone???

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 6

I would do the fondant cover in yellow and then just do cut-out in shades of blue to be the "wrapping paper" print. You could do small flowers or hearts or dots. Make the bow blue and there you go.

OR you could roll the fondant onto an impression mat--maybe something with swirls or vines and the highlight part of the pattern w/luster dust or edible paint.

I have a Jem cutter that makes a fondant envelope. I roll the fondant onto an impression mat and then cut the envelope template. Fold it up and put a "card" with an edible image message so it looks like a card with the gift. Without the cutter, you could unfold a greeting card envelope, trace/cut around it onto fondant and make your own envelope.

HTH
Kristy

sugarlicious Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:26pm
post #6 of 6

I have the flowers impression mat and the paisley impression mat and I was thinking about doing the bottom of the box in white and impress one of those patterns on that and cover of box blue and ribbon and bow yellow with maybe a thin blue strip down the middle and do the writing with the script tappits cutters but not sure what color to do maybe paint gold, will that show up enough on the blue cover you think?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%