Non-Refrigerated Fillings

Decorating By ncsmorris Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 6:29pm by iris219

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have ideas for some fillings that do NOT need refrigeration? Of course I know of the basic ones like strawberry jam + buttercream. I really need something that will go with a lemon poppyseed cake! I sould also like something similar to a chocolate mousse. Ideas are appreciated!

4 replies
BethHansen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethHansen Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

I just made a lemon poppyseed cake a couple of weeks ago and paired it with a whipped white chocolate lemon ganache. It was delicious and doesn't need to be refrigerated!

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 5

that sounds great, do you have a link for the recipe?

BethHansen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethHansen Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 5

I actually messed with several recipes to come up with ratios I liked. Here's how I made it:

White Chocolate Lemon Ganache

30 oz. white chocolate
10 oz. heavy cream
1 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. finely chopped lemon zest

Add lemon zest to heavy cream and heat to a scald. Add lemon juice and white chocolate and stir gently until completely melted. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap onto the ganaches surface so a skin wont form. Refridgerate at least 6 hours.

Once chilled beat the ganache on medium-high until the mixture starts to thicken, just until soft peaks form (you will end up with a white chocolate whipped cream). Dont over beat or the ganache will have a grainy texture.

Enjoy!!

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 5

oh that's so good, thank you for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%