Groom's Cupcakes...need Ideas!

Decorating By LaurenBaker Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 7:40pm by CandyLady

LaurenBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenBaker Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 8

My sister is getting married in October and her fiance has asked me to do red velvet cupcakes for his grooms cake. Since I'm the maid of honor in the wedding and will be doing showers/parties the week before the wedding, I don't have a ton of time to do something elaborate, but I don't want to just throw down plain cupackes...I want to customize them to him somehow. He is a pretty avid skateboarder and his all time favorite band is Guns n Roses. I thought about maybe making little chocolate skateboards to put on top of each cupcake but wasn't sure if that would look good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Something simple that would still look good. Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
agraham225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agraham225 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 8

Skateboard wheels would be cute. They come in all differn colors and designs. One large wheel on each cupcake but all dfferent ones. Also if he has a favorite brand, such as element or something, you can do the design of that. HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 8

find a pic of Guns & Roses and have edible image cupcake toppers done...they come on sheets of 12 I think...or even a cool skateboard image.

jenicakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenicakes09 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 8

I found this pic on CC. Cupcakes made to look like a skateboard. I think it would look cute if you got the edible image of Guns n Roses and put it on the skateboard.

http://imgsrc.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1190812

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 8

You could make the cake stand to look like skateboards.

LaurenBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenBaker Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 8

These are all great ideas! And how do I go about doing the edible image? Never actually done one of those before.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 8

find a picture...there are places you can take or send it to online that make sheets of 12 for you. Just google cupcake edible images. My local cake/candy supply store would do it for me. not sure where you live. I am in Ohio.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%