Snowboarder Cake Topper

Decorating By jenicakes09 Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 4:12am by cakesrock

jenicakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenicakes09 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 3:23am
post #1 of 9

I have a wedding cake coming up this November. The wedding colors are champagne and mocha with calla lillies, 150 Guests. They have the cake topper which is a snowboarding couple.

The brides sister told me "Could you please get back to me on how we can "pretty up" this god awful thing." She really isn't too happy about the topper but the bride and groom won't budge on the idea of it. I just wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions on what I should do here?? I was thinking to cover the cake in white sanding sugar and some snow flakes. I would love to hear any suggestions, please!

8 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 4:22am
post #2 of 9

I think if you try to hard to "pretty it up" it will just look odd. I like your idea of the snowflakes. You could also use the wilton white sparkles mixed with sanding sugar(I can't remember their name, but I used them in the past to make the cake sparkle- you shake them on and they are flake- like - hopefully you know the product I'm talking about . If you don't , PM me and I'll find out). That is about as 'pretty' as you should go. Are you making the topper? If so, you could put a very 'pretty' wedding dress on the snowboarding bride as well...Is the bride's sister paying for the cake? If not, then too bad if she doens't like it - it's their wedding!

jenicakes09 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 5:33am
post #3 of 9

I looked on the Wilton website and their white sparkling sugars are discontinued thumbsdown.gif I don't know if that is the same one you're taking about or not. Do you think adding silver sanding sugar to it would be ok or will white sparkle by itself? I've never used it on cakes before.

The bride and groom are paying for the cake and they already bought the topper. The snowboarders are just wearing regular snowboarding gear. I tried adding a photo of it but it's not working. I will try to find a pic of it online.

jenicakes09 Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 5:42am
post #4 of 9
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 9

I love this cake so much.. I am a snowboarder myself and would love this cake!

http://arteatsbakery.com/images/Three%20tier%20fondant%20snowflake%20wedding%20cake.jpg

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 9

I really like the topper too!

cakesrock Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 9

This is what I was talking about - white cake sparkles! icon_biggrin.gif They work great! I put them on my stocking cake to make it glitter....you can buy them at Micheals

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310D1E-475A-BAC0-5E0EF1DB7697E8A1

Please post pic after!

jenicakes09 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:31am
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the suggestions! I will run them by them and see what they think.

Cakesrock: I went to Michaels and saw exactly what you were talking about. Thanks!

cakesrock Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 4:12am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenicakes09

Thanks for the suggestions! I will run them by them and see what they think.

Cakesrock: I went to Michaels and saw exactly what you were talking about. Thanks!

Hope they work for you- please post pic after!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%