Pricing Question Yes, But A Different Sort Of One

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 2:54am by Loucinda

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a girlfriend's wedding cake in September and we had it all figured out 4 tiers, 152 servings plus cupcakes for the kids.

Her final payment is due next weekend (2 weeks before) and she just sent me a message saying that her numbers are down so we're need to look at going from 4 tiers to 3 tiers. Okay fine, we can do that.

My question is do I then (obviously? ) recalculate her cost based on the new number of servings and then her final payment will be less?

Thankfully the only thing I've purchased is the board for underneath the cake which isn't a huge deal.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, that is what I would do. That is why indy has the 60% rule....usually only 60% of the INVITED guests attend. I know it isn't popular with most wedding cake decorators, but when I use that rule, I am SPOT ON with the amount of cake needed.

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Yes, that is what I would do. That is why indy has the 60% rule....usually olyn 60% of the INVITED guests attend. I know it isn't popular with most wedding cake decorators, but when I use that rule, I am SPOT ON with the amount of cake needed.

Funny you should mention Indy's rule - I did use it and the exceptions (bride is police, groom is military) but she wouldn't listen to me! This is why we wer originally going with cake for everybody invited and then some icon_razz.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 2:54am
post #4 of 4

That is so funny!! I just love it when the brides call and tell me that the entire cake was eaten. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%