Agbay - Aussie Bakers

Decorating By pixiefuncakes Updated 26 Aug 2010 , 7:52am by laurenboxall

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 6:57am
post #1 of 8

Are there any Australian bakers out there who have the Agbay Cake Leveller? Did you get it in Australia?
I have not been able to find an Australian Distributor. I reeeaaaally want one, my most hated cake decorating step is leveling. The Agbay sounds like a dream.

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 9:47am
post #2 of 8

As far as i know the Agbay is only sold directly from the manufacturer

CillsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CillsCakes Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 9:49am
post #3 of 8

I sooo want one also, but havn't found them here in Aus.

I brought a leveller recently from Cake Deco in Melbourne, It's not as good as the Agbay but heaps cheaper then the Agbay & sooo much better then the wilton one.

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 11:07am
post #4 of 8

I bought it direct from the manufacturer, she's lovely to deal with. I'm pretty sure you can't buy it in Aus. Only took 5 days from ordering to arrival and I have to say IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!
Go for it, you'll never regret it.

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 8:35am
post #5 of 8

Thanks guys, I have been in contact with the manufacturer and they are happy to send it to Aus. I have a wilton leveller and it is next to useless and I just don't have steady enough hands ................ I think I'm just going to have to do it!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 9:03am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefuncakes

Thanks guys, I have been in contact with the manufacturer and they are happy to send it to Aus. I have a wilton leveller and it is next to useless and I just don't have steady enough hands ................ I think I'm just going to have to do it!

It's the best cake tool I ever bought, you will never regret getting one, and it is well made it will last for years. Watch that blade, it commands a lot of respect if you like your fingers intact. Congrats!!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 6:13am
post #7 of 8

I know the manufacturer of the Agbay, and she is definitely a pleasant woman to deal with. You are all correct, it is only available from the manufacturer.

I have owned mine for a few years and can't imagine leveling a cake without it!

~Chelle

laurenboxall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurenboxall Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 7:52am
post #8 of 8

I am very jealous of all the Agbay owners - I'm saving up but not there yet - so many different toys - all so expensive!

Kathy - (Completely off topic) Mum actually sent me the link to your flickr page the other day because she went to the same school as you. I recognised your logo on here as well. My Auntie (Debbie Carty) was in the same year as you and my mum (Julie) was a year below. So "Hi" from a fellow ex-Horsham-ite!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%