Elevated Cake, Fondant Wont Stick To Bottom Of Board, Help

Decorating By chellescountrycakes Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 5:32pm by chellescountrycakes

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a skate board. I got a real skate board, put tin foil, then saran wrap a few times. then I put on my cake and wrapped the fondant around the bottom- I wanted the tipped up edges. that was the whole point. LOL

One side has stuck just fine. The other side WILL NOT stay up. I have used Royal icing, buttercream, another peice of fondant like a bandaid. it will NOT stay- I got it up and propped it up with a box for about 6 hours-

I took it off a little while ago and about 10 minutes later it fell again. I have it bandaided now and a box propped up under it. is there ANYTHING else I can do???

3 replies
Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 4

Gumpaste works better for me when I'm doing anything that has to have some architectural structure to it. I can't get fondant to do anything but just lie there! icon_smile.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 4

Try some melted white chocolate...hold it till it cools and see if that will work.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks--- I might have some wilton candy melts in there somewhere!! I'll try that!! nto sure where my mind was... LOL I've been savin them for an 'emergency'..... hmmmm.... LOL

At least my betty boop cake was a success- we met down the road at a store and she flagged down people driving by (small community) to see it! LOL When people cry when they see your cake it kinda makes all the problems seem soooo small... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%