Saturday Morning Laugh :)

Decorating By AuntieChelle Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm by bisbqueenb

AuntieChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieChelle Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 2

icon_eek.gificon_cry.gifthumbsdown.gificon_biggrin.gifGood Morning!!!
Just wanted to share a BLONDE moment with all you cake people!
So, I like to put unused cooling racks in the oven while cleaning etc. let them dry in there. (oven off) Well, lastnight my husband and I went over to his parents just for a few minutes(yah right) and we turned the oven on to preheat for our dinner. Mind you, I had been baking all day . . . We only live minutes from his parents. We got home 30 minutes later, and as soon as he opened his door I smelled burning plastic! Yah!! We about knocked down our door getting in and inhaled sooo much smoke. LoL(Laughing now, not lastnight) AND he is a fireman too!! icon_sad.gif Smoke was just pouring out of the oven, filling the ENTIRE house! Opened all doors, windows, fans going like MAD, and we walked outside to see all the smoke creeping out.

To top it all off. I had a freshly iced cake for a 60th Birthday party that is tonight at 6pm. So, I am just now re-baking the cake. Everything in our home is just smoke saturated!!! Anywho... TIP 1: Check oven B4 turning on (in our household) UGH Tip 2: Don't open refrigerator while house is FULL of smoke(it will forever stay in the frig!)

Hope you ALL got a GOOD LAUGH @ me and with me!!!! Happy Baking!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gifthumbsdown.gificon_cry.gif

1 reply
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 2

I also store things in the 'cold' oven, but always hang a towel over the door as I close it so I HAVE to open it before I turn it on! Has saved a LOT of things...finished/decorated cupcakes included!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%