KerrieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerrieD Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 12:46am
post #1 of 4

What can be done for Justin Bieber? TIA

3 replies
DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 2:31am
post #2 of 4

All I can think of, off the top of my head, would be a laptop on a youtube page with a pic of JB or an iPod with his pic in the screen area. I did a Jonas Bros cake last year and did it in the shape of a guitar with their logo on it. I'm not sure if JB plays an instrument though. That probably didn't help, but lots of luck with your cake!

cakestiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestiles Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:24pm
post #3 of 4

I just did one, but the birthday girl just wanted an edible image. I printed a picture and brought it to a supermarket bakery to buy the edible image only. When I did a google search i did find an animated picture of him that I wanted to do a frozen buttercream transfer of. I used that same technique when someone asked me to make a New Kids on the Block cake. As long as its an animated picture, it's easier to copy in buttercream or trace using the FBCT method. Good luck!

KerrieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerrieD Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 4

Cakestiles,
Thanks for the reply. I'm totally new to the edible images. I ordered some and last week tried a small one. (It is made with the following:

"Our Edible Image Sheets are All Natural made with only 3 ingredients - potatoes, water, and vegetable oil.
Kosher approved & safe to consume with no preservatives, Friendly to the environment with no plastic backing sheet to throw away, & Economical costing about half the price of other Edible Images.
We print with FDA approved food coloring in high resolution with fine color detail."

I'm not familiar with what you're calling a frozen buttercream transfer. What is the FBCT method?

When I experimented last week, I brushed the back of the transfer with piping gel and put it on the fondant cake. It was not smooth - almost like bubbly/wet paper. I'm mostly doing fondant but I could try a buttercream cake.
Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%