Sorry I Ordered From Sugarcraft!

Baking By CindyM Updated 12 Jun 2007 , 7:04pm by tazmycat

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:50pm
post #31 of 33

About the ID verification, etc. - probably nothing wrong with them wanting to verify your identity before taking an order (although I'd assume they don't HAVE to, the extra security just seems to add protection for the consumer). HOWEVER, there is a HUGE problem with e-mailing this information. E-mail is by no means a secure means of transmitting sensitive information and should absolutely never be used to send sensitive information (such as the complete identity theft package described above) under any circumstances. Fax is a more secure method to send same. Though not foolproof and subject to user error, it's nowhere near as vulnerable.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm
post #32 of 33

I just had to add this. I have a couple of items I had to have so I placed a small order $15

The place I'm ordering from the shipping is $7
Sugarcaft is $8.83. That's a big difference for such a small order.

I always check prices and shipping when placing an order looking for the best deal. Everytime I've checked Sugarcraft is ALWAYS higher in shipping.

tazmycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazmycat Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 7:04pm
post #33 of 33

I saw on another forum that Sugarcraft had been investigated by the BBB becuase of similar complaints. However, I have ordered from them (only once) and got excellent service. One of the items I ordered was temporarily out of stock and they telephoned me to let me know and asked me if I wanted to wait for my order until it came or what did I want to do. I just waited becuase I wasn't in a hurry and the order came in a few days. Shipping was high.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%