So Today Was My Disaster Day....

Decorating By KJ62798 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 6:40am by KJ62798

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 2:45am
post #1 of 3

I should have known it would be a bad cake day when a Pyrex dished leaped out of the cupboard, missed my head & crashed on the floor all around my bare feet....*sigh*

Tried out a new recipe for a lemon-strawberry swirl cake with both pudding & sour cream in the mix. Apparently--WAY too soft & moist.

One of the layers tore on the cooling rack when I tried to move/flip it. Spackled it back together w/BC on the board. It was fairly flat so I didn't cut off the weeee bit of a bump/beveled edge.

Piped a dam, filled w/strawberry sleeve filling, plopped on the top, pressed to level. FILLING BLOWOUT!!!!! grrrrrrr

Attempted to fix, put it in the fridge, called my baker-teacher in a panic. Drove it across town so she can help make repairs. Back across town.
Check it in the back of the van--top layer has slid off & broken on the cargo mat of the van.

Guess who had to bake a new cake?

Oh well, going with a reliable choco-fudge recipe.

Gotta love Murphy's law.

Kristy

2 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 4:05am
post #2 of 3

I am so sorry that happened!! sending a hug.. dont drop it. icon_lol.gif

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 6:40am
post #3 of 3

Thanks--new cake baked, filled, crumb-coated & chillin'. Top 2 layers done & waiting on the base + decorating.

The hula girl I also need to make for Sat is carved & coated. So is the tiki hut smash cake.

It's almost midnight but I finally feel caught up.

Kristy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%