Newbie Question - Need Advice Asap

Decorating By kidfaces Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 12:19pm by ALVARGA

kidfaces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidfaces Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 5

I'm baking a 2 tier cake for my daughters 2nd birthday on Saturday. I'm baking the cakes tonight and decorating it tomorrow night. My question is this, should I bake, wrap and freeze the cakes tonight and then set them out in the morning? Or should I not even bother with the freezing since I'm decorating tomorrow night? And if I don't freeze them how should I store them? In just an air tight container? Refrigerator? Help!

4 replies
deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:30am
post #2 of 5

I would wrap them and leave them at room temp. The fridge is the perfect environment to dry your cake out.

Megan1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megan1979 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:46am
post #3 of 5

I would wrap them in cling wrap (plastic wrap) or put then in an air tight container and leave at room temp.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 10:36am
post #4 of 5

I would wrap and freeze. Even overnight in the freezer will help moisten your cakes.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 5

I bake my cakes and set them to cool on cooling racks. I cover them with clean kitchen towels and leave them overnight. When I turn them out on to the rack I put a layer of paper towels underneath between the cake and rack and then cover with the kitchen towels. Been doing it this way for years and my cakes never dry out. I decorate the second night and all is good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%