Where To Buy A Cupcake Tower?

Baking By love2frost Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 9:37pm by mommicakes

love2frost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2frost Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a cupcake tower. I was looking for one that's clear/acrylic and that I can adjust the tiers that I use for the number of cupcakes I have. Thanks!!

3 replies
CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 4

The best deal I've found so far on acrylic cupcake towers was actually off of Ebay international sellers. I got a good price on it even with the hefty shipping price tag (once I figured out how to convert the currency!), and it actually arrived within a week. It was 7 tiers, and I can use as many or as little of the tiers as I want. I'll be using all 7 next weekend for my niece's wedding - I'm doing 250 cupcakes and the top tier of the tower will have a cake for cutting! I'm excited!!!

This is the buyer I bought it from: http://myworld.ebay.com/classikool

love2frost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2frost Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much!!!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 4

lovetofrost: I just actually made a square one for a wedding I did this morning.

I called a local glass company, and asked them what the cost of some 1/4" plexiglass would run me in several different sizes. The glass totaled about 55 bucks, including the finishing of the edges so they weren't sharp.

I then went to the hardware store and bought a piece of threaded rod, the kind you would use if you were building a lamp, drilled small holes the size of the rod in the center of the plexiglass, used some 2" PVC pipe that I had used an ivory spray paint on cut it into 4" pcs. and used that as the separators between tiers.

I would say all total it cost me about 70-75 bucks, and I didn't have to pay any kind of shipping. The thing that took the longest was waiting for the spray paint to dry. I'll post a pic when I get it back from my client.

Good Luck.
Donna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%