Diamond Quilter

Decorating By Abbiedal Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 3:27pm by sillywabbitz

Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 3

anyone have an opinion on which works better the 2 diamond quilter or the impression mat? I've never used both and the impression mat is sooooo much cheaper but is it that more difficult to use? Thanks!

2 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 3

I just used the diamond impression mat in a Handbag class I took and it work GREAT!! It was the first time I used on and I ordered it from globalsugarart.com I'm in love with it now, lol. It was so easy to use. You have to be very careful when lining up the diamond that you made to the beginnings of a new diamon. But that wasn't difficult, to me, at all. I had fun with it.

HTH AND GOOD LUCK!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 3

I think the impression mat works well for flat surfaces like square cakes and diaper bags. I have not had good luck with it on a round cake and would definately invest in the diamond quilting tool that I saw Jennifer Dontz use in her video. Her tool had 3 smaller diamonds but I think the 2 or the 3 would be worth the investment for round cakes. Of course I know SugarShack uses a diamond impression mat on her round cakes and they're fabulous...mine not so muchicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%