My Self Confidence Is Broken

Decorating By Amyand3 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 2:23am by WykdGud

grossoutqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grossoutqueen Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:41pm
post #61 of 81

How did you find her website? I looked and can't find anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Guys, I think we are being hornswaggled here....

I went to her website which is a blog. She stated in her blog that the farm cake was made for her own son's birthday! Looks like another caker wanting affirmation on her cakes because they aren't getting noticed when uploaded.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by grossoutqueen

The link was originally in her profile. The OP deleted her website/blog link (and, subsequently, the entire blog itself) once someone asked why the supposed cake in question was listed on her blog as being for her own son from over a year ago.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:49pm
post #63 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyand3

I recently did a free cake for an acquaintance and word got back to me that the recipient stated she could have gotten a better looking cake from Walmart icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gif I am so embarrased and hurt! I don't think my cakes are that bad! Either this person is just plain rude or I need to find a different hobby. Seriously, who complains over a FREE cake? icon_confused.gif It is the farm cake in my pictures.

sweetheart, let me tell you something. That cake is gorgeous!! outstanding job. Whoever told you that is outright rude and nasty. walmart do better? Puleaze!! walmart won't even do that kind of cake. Next time no more free cakes for rude people!! and please don't stop making cakes. i fact they are all fantastic in your photos. be encouraged.

jackmo Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:57pm
post #64 of 81

well kick me for falling for this. if she was lying to get attention!

pvcat2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pvcat2000 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:19pm
post #65 of 81

smokeysmokerton, thank you for the insight to google cache. I just used it and found what I was looking for. I had commented on a beautiful cake posted and said that I had seen that same cake on flickr by someone else and when I went back to look at the cake a day later, it was gone. I guess the one who posted the cake deleted it.

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:21pm
post #66 of 81

I did a google search from the cached page. The blog is gone as well as her facebook that had the same name.

FYI

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:21pm
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmo

well kick me for falling for this. if she was lying to get attention!

Here's a kick jack! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

I fell for it too!

jackmo Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:30pm
post #68 of 81

lol

grossoutqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grossoutqueen Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:29pm
post #69 of 81

Get outta town!?!?!
Why would someone do that? Why not just say "Hey, I made this cake... What do you think of it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloChellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossoutqueen

The link was originally in her profile. The OP deleted her website/blog link (and, subsequently, the entire blog itself) once someone asked why the supposed cake in question was listed on her blog as being for her own son from over a year ago.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:52pm
post #70 of 81

Who knows her reasons for this, if her confidence is/was down, this was not the way to boost it. Now she has had to erase part of her life that she seemed proud of at one time, this gained her attention, but not in a good way. When reading the OP, I too thought poor thing, but then saw the subterfuge and now think how sad. Sad for her, sad for the friends and family that probably supported her, just sad.

I posted in another thread something my mamaw use to say to us all the time,

The sad part about being lied to, is knowing you are not worth the truth.

(Not sure if it her's originally, but it sure hits home)

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:15pm
post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

I like your mamaw! I always say the part that pisses me off the most about being lied to is the implication that I am not smart enough to realize you're lying. Yah, ok, sometimes people are really good liars, but if you give them enough rope... ya know?

I think people find that doing this is a sort of sport. They're bored, they want a little fire. Someone did this to me recently... attacked me for no reason in a thread. They were just a bored little pathetic person. I feel sorry for them for not having anything better to do. How sad and lonely does a person have to be to get their kicks doing this stuff? And they get that powerful rush from being 'anonymous' unlike those of us who have our real names and all our info here for anyone to see. I'm an easy target because I have to behave myself to some extent because everyone here knows who I "really" am, KWIM? I can't just be a random douchebag.

And for those of you who 'fell for it' don't feel bad. That means you are a normal person who had no reason to believe that someone wasn't being forthcoming. I mean, really, what a stupid thing to lie about, don't you think? Us caring folk are definitely not the problem! icon_lol.gif And if he/she just wanted attention, like someone already mentioned... did they ever GET it! Be careful what you wish for, right?

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:58am
post #72 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babarooskie

Let's see how long this thread drags on.

Yes, she lied. So what. I think we've all gotten the point on what she did. I think that some people feed too much into the "drama" and not focus on the importance of this site.

It's like watching an accident on the side of the street.
Just move it along....

Whew, I'm sure glad we have someone on here who can inform all the rest of us when something isn't important to us anymore.

The people who are responding are not the ones who are not focusing on the purpose of this site, it's the OP who's done that. When you post here with an audience of hundreds of registered users, you'd better expect to get a lot of responses. She deserves to have as many people as choose to respond and rip her a new one.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:00am
post #73 of 81

Just to clarify, I didn't disbelieve her when I read her post. Generally when I see someone's work and they have a www showing I look. That is why we put them there right, so our fellow CC'rs will look at our sites and blogs, correct? I was just reading her blog and half expected when I came to the farm cake to read that she did this for a friend or family member. I was a bit taken aback when I read it was for her son's birthday.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:30am
post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

(Not sure if it her's originally, but it sure hits home)

Something similar that I keep in my quote collection:

The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else. ---George Bernard Shaw

I knew a "chronic liar" and yes, while we all knew we couldn't believe anything she said, we also noticed that she was quick to accuse everyone else of being "nothing but a liar!" Mr. Shaw knew what he was talking about. icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:34am
post #75 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else. ---George Bernard Shaw

I knew a "chronic liar" and yes, while we all knew we couldn't believe anything she said, we also noticed that she was quick to accuse everyone else of being "nothing but a liar!" Mr. Shaw knew what he was talking about. icon_rolleyes.gif

ABSOLUTELY! Like I always say, "Cheaters assume EVERYONE cheats!" It's true. Someone who cheats on their partner will almost always accuse the partner of being a cheater.

cakesdivine, I know exactly what you're saying, and you're right. It's not like you were expecting a lie, or even looking for it! But when it slaps you in the face, it's hard not to notice!!

cakesdivine Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:49am
post #76 of 81

Exactly Mel. I tend to be very trusting until you give me a reason to mistrust you. I never seem to see it coming until it hits me smack dab in the nose...LOL!

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:59am
post #77 of 81

Was that woman smoking crack?! Your cake is wonderful, and no way could any WalMart or chain store do something as great! I WISH I could do something that lovely!
Chin up...

Maria

cakesdivine Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:36pm
post #78 of 81

Maria...the story was fake! Read all the posts in this thread.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:40pm
post #79 of 81

whoops!

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:59pm
post #80 of 81

Poor OP - it's a cry for helpicon_smile.gif

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 2:23am
post #81 of 81

Well, her blog is back up. I couldn't access it yesterday, but it was there today - with no farm cake photo, and the Google cache no longer works. Are cached pages only viewable for a certain amount of time?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%