Ribbon On Non-Crusting Frosting.

Decorating By mrscunningham Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 6:26am by kaseysweetkissbakery

mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a wedding cake and it will be RV with cream cheese frosting. I have yet to find a cream cheese frosting recipe that crusts that isn't too sweet. This cake is to have ribbon around the bottom of each tier. Is this impossible? I just know as soon as I attempt to put the ribbon on, all my hard work will smear. Any opinions are appreciated..icon_smile.gif

6 replies
fertluv3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fertluv3 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 3:11am
post #2 of 7

I use the crusting cream cheese frosting in the recipe section

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 3:16am
post #3 of 7

I've put a ribbon on non-crusting BC. You just have to make sure it is REALLY cold & solid before you put the ribbon onto the cake so it doesn't dig into the soft frosting.

I think some folks iron the backside of the ribbon w/wax paper or the waxy side of freezer paper to make a moisture barrier.

HTH
Kristy

mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 5:47am
post #4 of 7

Thanks, Kristy.. It is helpful to know someone has successfully done it. icon_smile.gif Fertluv3, I don't like my cream cheese frosting very sweet and all crusting recipes call for way too much sugar.

kaseysweetkissbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseysweetkissbakery Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:17am
post #5 of 7

How do you put the ribbon on the cakes without getting those ugly grease marks? Do yo uknow what I mean? I am still a newbie and tried it once and it was a hot mess!

bakescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescupcakes Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:20am
post #6 of 7

I cut a piece of baking/grease proof paper a bit smaller than ribbon and place that aroundthe cake first, and then put ribbon on top. HTH

kaseysweetkissbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseysweetkissbakery Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:26am
post #7 of 7

Great thank you, that was a QUICK reply icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%