Why Do Some Bride's Think They Can Behave So Badly?!?!

Decorating By cupcakeology Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 1:38pm by jmchao

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:44pm
post #31 of 46

But why oh why is it always the cake order first????

WelshCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WelshCakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:57pm
post #32 of 46

Doug, you are the MAN! So well said and so right on!

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:03pm
post #33 of 46

4Gifts4Lisa, I completely agree!! that was the first thing I thought of when i first read the post. I remembered how the bride-to-be destroyed the cake and then she was rewarded by getting her the cake she wanted. when Buddy showed up to drop the cake off she didn't even show up to say thanks. Im scared that there are other people that think 'hum, that's acceptable social behavior'. You are supposed to act like an idiot because it's my big day and since everyone is doing it then it's ok.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:12pm
post #34 of 46

I agree with 4gifts4lisa.....these reality shows just reward and encourage bad behavior. "If they can do it......so can I"

cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:13pm
post #35 of 46

I can't believe all the replies to this, you guys are amazing!

An update....I had an incredibly bad day yesterday, in addition to this bride, and finally got pushed beyond my limits. I sent her an email stating, almost verbatim what Doug said, and forwarded it to our attorney as well. Our attorney is always amazed at the drama surrounding cakes/cupcakes, whether it's other local bakeries stealing our photos or crazy brides.

When I checked the voicemail this morning I had an apology from the GROOM, for her poor behavior and how sorry he was, but you know "she's really stressed out and wants a much bigger wedding than we can afford." Here's where I have to add in that this woman is in her late 50's and getting married in a BOWLING ALLEY.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:31pm
post #36 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeology

When I checked the voicemail this morning I had an apology from the GROOM, for her poor behavior and how sorry he was, but you know "she's really stressed out and wants a much bigger wedding than we can afford." Here's where I have to add in that this woman is in her late 50's and getting married in a BOWLING ALLEY.

icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif ROFL!!!! well if that don't beat all. Gives new meaning to being a strike out of a gutter trash person. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote:

I sent her an email stating, almost verbatim what Doug said, and forwarded it to our attorney as well. Our attorney is always amazed at the drama surrounding cakes/cupcakes, whether it's other local bakeries stealing our photos or crazy brides.

Glad the ghostwriting was of help! If this keeps up, your attorney soon will get to the "now what" point.

cupcakeology Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:34pm
post #37 of 46

Thank you so much Doug!!! You're so right, we can't let people continue to treat us like this and ignoring her would have led to huge problems down the road.

My new motto is "WWDD?" - What Would Doug Do?

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 8:49pm
post #38 of 46

Brides and their tantrums. icon_evil.gif

I blame DirecTV channel 260 for airing Bridezillas, Platinum Weddings, Whose Wedding Is It Anyway...and I'm sure there's more, but I had a brain fart.

At the time of her threat of "not recommending me to her friends", I would have said, "Thank God!"

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 10:35pm
post #39 of 46

glad to hear you didn't take any crap from her! thumbs_up.gif notice that the "groom" called you and not her icon_wink.gif she doesn't have the cajones to call you icon_lol.gif

cupcakeology Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 10:43pm
post #40 of 46

We've decided that a Cupcakeology staff outing is in order, to the same bowling alley she's getting married at, on her wedding day!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:17pm
post #41 of 46
Quote:

We've decided that a Cupcakeology staff outing is in order, to the same bowling alley she's getting married at, on her wedding day!

Please take a camera!!!

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:41pm
post #42 of 46
Quote:

WTF!!!!!! baaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Luffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luffie Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:24pm
post #43 of 46
Quote:

a much bigger wedding....and getting married in a BOWLING ALLEY.

LMAOOOO *gasp, big breath* LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ *run to lil girls room to pee* LMFAOOOO and LOL

...ok well quoted above explains it all.

Tinabarena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabarena Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:48am
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

at this point, considering her threat -- a response like this is in order:

dear <nut job>,

I have kept copies of all our correspondence, including my repeated warnings to submit the deposit in a timely fashion which you failed to do.

As your last email contains an overt threat to the well being of my business, I am forwarding all the correspondence, including your threat, to my lawyer for the purpose of beginning legal proceedings against you for harassment and if necessary should you carry through on your threat, also for slander, libel and defamation of character.

Be warned, I will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.

<signed>

----

and if she DID sign a contract that stipulated the due date for the deposit and other payment terms, include in the email that you have the signed contract with the stipulations, that she broke the contract, and that you also will be forwarding the signed contract to your lawyer.

----------------------------------

we can not "ignore and hope they'll go away" or "forget about" these types of people.

Doing so only sanctions the bad behavior and can have serious consequences if they choose to use the internet as a weapon, as this one has indicated she will do.

They must be stopped and taught the rules apply to them too and that whining and lying and pleading and threatening will only be them digging a grave for themselves.

As a follow up with what Doug stated, and just as a side note - in legal terms, (at least in Michigan), you don't have to have a "signed" document, as a contract can be oral or written. As long as there was a meeting of the minds, each side received a benefit and sustained a detriment, and there is consideration ($$), then it is a binding contract.

I also think that if this crazy woman decides to slander you "on all the websites she can find", then us cc people should counter it with complements on what a great baker you are!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:22pm
post #45 of 46

That's a very good idea! thumbs_up.gif

jmchao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmchao Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:38pm
post #46 of 46
Quote:

My new motto is "WWDD?" - What Would Doug Do?

We can have bumper stickers made up icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%