Need Idea For Cookie Presentation/gift Wrapping

Baking By careylynn Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 2:20am by luv2bake6

careylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
careylynn Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 8

I am making cameo cookies for my Grandma's 85th birthday, and I need help with packaging. I am used to cakes so this is new to me icon_smile.gif Since they will be decorated with fondant, and the cameo will be elevated off of the cookie, what is the best way to package these and have a pretty presentation? Any thoughts??? THanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 8

Bagged and tagged, using a coordinating paper for the tags would look lovely. Make one cookie larger than the others, and buy a clear acrylic easel frame. Position the easel in the center of your display (tray, table, whatever) and place the large cookie (without wrapping) on it like you would a painting. Surround it with the bagged cookies.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:47am
post #3 of 8

If you budget would allow, putting each cookie in a clear plastic box and tying with really pretty fabric ribbon is a very nice presentation. Especially if the cookie is also the party favor. Plastic boxes can be pricey though.

careylynn Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:13am
post #4 of 8

Both of those ideas are great!! In this situation, the cookies are my gift to my grandma, and only my grandma. So I was thinking more of a single box with the cookies inside, topped with a ribbon and bow...
My dilemma is how to arrange the cookies inside the box without covering up the design or just simply placing them side by side. Make sense?? I was looking for a creative way to box them together and yet having a striking impression. icon_smile.gif

Gingoodies Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:41am
post #5 of 8

careylynn, how many cookies do you want to put in the box. You could easily use a clear plastic box, so that your grandmother can see the cookies (and so will everyone else) without having to open a wrapped box. Again, use some thing decorative in the bottom and a really pretty fabric ribbon to tie it all up.

careylynn Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:43am
post #6 of 8

I'm thinking a dozen. Where can I get a clear plastic box?? I do like that idea alot icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Gingoodies Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:07am
post #7 of 8

I know you can get them online. Michaels or AC Moore, or JoAnn's might also have something.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:20am
post #8 of 8

geminiRJ, that's such a great idea, where can i find those plastic easel frames?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%