Need Inspiration!!!!

Decorating By TheBaketress Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm by Marianna46

TheBaketress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBaketress Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 7

i have just been asked to do 3 birthdays that are combined and they are all bartenders (and it the ages all add up to 90). im just comming up short on thinking creatively today... the sketch needs to be handed in tomorrow!!!!

Can someone please help?

6 replies
babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 7

what about something colourful along a cocktail theme? martini glasses, cocktail shakers and various colourful accents. Maybe on a black base if you want it to look more sophisticated?

careylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
careylynn Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 7

What about sticking to a black/white/gray theme, more classy and gender friendly. You could use a pop of color like red or blue here and there. As far as design...it would depend on if they are looking for a carved cake or tiered. For a tiered cake, you could do generic all over (stripes, polka dots,etc) and accent with olives or lemons sticking out of the cake. I don't know, that's a tricky one icon_smile.gif

TheBaketress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBaketress Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 7

ok so i think i came up with something last night... lemme kno wat u guys think???

ok so... the cake is for 3 bartenders that work at a REALLY high class restaurant in the hamptons. (my mother-in-law is the manager there and is trying for me to do this to add to my portfolio).

Ok i wanted it to look nice, but still very fun (on the invite it says celebrate a cumulative 90 years of nonsense, so not hoity toity) im gonna do a 3 tier topsy turvy with each individuals age they r turning on each tier but off set from eachother. the topper will be a big colorful bow with wire popping out and "exploding". each tier will have bursts of color with different glasses around...

thoughts????

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaketress

ok so i think i came up with something last night... lemme kno wat u guys think???

ok so... the cake is for 3 bartenders that work at a REALLY high class restaurant in the hamptons. (my mother-in-law is the manager there and is trying for me to do this to add to my portfolio).

Ok i wanted it to look nice, but still very fun (on the invite it says celebrate a cumulative 90 years of nonsense, so not hoity toity) im gonna do a 3 tier topsy turvy with each individuals age they r turning on each tier but off set from eachother. the topper will be a big colorful bow with wire popping out and "exploding". each tier will have bursts of color with different glasses around...

thoughts????

I love your idea!!!! Sounds great. Run with it and Good luck!!

babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 10:02pm
post #6 of 7

sounds fab, can't wait to see the finished cake!!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 7

Definitely run with it! If you could get the phrase "90 years of nonsense" on it somewhere as well, it might be a nice tie-in to the invitation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%