Royal Icing Stuck

Baking By ambermbauman Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 2:34am by planetsomsom

ambermbauman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambermbauman Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, so I've never had problems with royal icing not drying fast. It's been almost 36 hours since I've made these flowers, and I can't peel them away from the aluminum foil because they still seem soft in the middle. Is this normal? The middle of the flower is pretty thick with icing. Anyone ever had to wait a few days to let royal icing dry completely?

5 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 6

Are you in a very humid area? That could be the cause.

ambermbauman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambermbauman Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah, I live in Ga so it's definitely humid... but still they've always dried. What do I do? I can't change the weather.

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 6

Put them under a lamp - the kind you might have on your desk, this will dry them out for you

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 6

Did you do them in the lily nail? If so those flowers do take longer to dry because alot of the icing is not touching air and needs more time to dry out.

You can stick them in the oven with just the light on to help them dry faster. With the lily nail flowers I always tell my students to give them atleast 48 hours if not longer to dry out completely.

You can also poke a few holes in the bottom of the foil to allow a little air in there.

planetsomsom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
planetsomsom Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:34am
post #6 of 6

Last time I made those flowers it took a few days. The foil doesn't exactly let air get through enough to try them out. I just peeled really carefully icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%