Cupcake Tower Pricing

Baking By cupcakelove29 Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 10:33pm by luvbuttercream

cupcakelove29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelove29 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 1:26am
post #1 of 5

I am finally almost up and running. Have been baking for fun for a while, but still having a hard time, charging people icon_redface.gif . I made this 6" cake with 24 matching cupcakes (half double chocolate half vanilla) & i cut out the matching cucpakes wrappers to (i love to coordinate lol). How much would you have charged (if you don't mind me asking)?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1773941&done=1

4 replies
luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 1:44am
post #2 of 5

I generally charge $2.50 per custom cupcake I would of added $.25 per custom made wrapper plus the 6" cake would of been $30 so I would of charged $96. Plus delivery, set up and stand rental if needed. HTH

SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 5

I would have done the same for the cupcakes. But maybe $25 on the cake since it was a 6". But somewhere around that price sounds right.

cupcakelove29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelove29 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 5

thank you icon_smile.gif. I charged $75 and felt guilty doing so , but am glad that if anything i undercharged lol.

luvbuttercream - set up and stand rental ? i have to admit never thought of charging for those.didn't charge delivery as they were super close by. do you mind me asking how much you charge? I just borrowed my cupcake stand to the family,set up everything and left. it might be worth renting it (am having a few more made shortly, as shipping & custom kind of made for one expensive stand)

Guess i just need to start believing i am "good" enough to be charging the prices i have set.

thanks again for your replies icon_smile.gif

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 5

I don't usually charge delivery on small orders but a wedding I charge set and delivery and a rental on the stand so I can be sure to get it back.

Well I charge $25 for the rental and a $50 refundable deposit. My delivery and set up fee for weddings is $50.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%