Cookies At A Cake Decorating Class?

Decorating By MelissaAnn84 Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 3:48pm by millermom

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:22am
post #1 of 6

Maybe some of the wilton instructors out there can shed some light on this for me! I signed up for the level 1 wilton class today, starting next month. I had heard from someone else that you are supposed to bring a cake (uniced) to the first class. When i got my information today from michaels, it says to bring 6 flat cookies with me. Is this correct or should i be calling my michales store to confirm that? i dont understand cookies at a cake class, but i am new to this!

5 replies
soph917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soph917 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:39am
post #2 of 6

Hmm... I know that there is a Wilton cookie decorating class. Maybe they thought that you signed up for that one? I would give them a call to confirm what you need to bring. I took Wilton Cake decorating, the intro class, and there weren't any cookies involved.

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:51am
post #3 of 6

I am a Wilton instructor and have taught the class that you are talking about. Wilton is having you bring in 6 cookies as a basic beginning surface to do some basic decorating on. Stick with it and you will be surprised by all that you are going to learn. ENJOY!!!!!!!!

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for easing my mind craftst3, i was worried i would walk in with cookies and everyone else would have cake!

Chibikuma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chibikuma Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 6

6 Cookies are right. I believe they changed the course around a bit, I haven't took the old ones but the new one level 1 definitely calls for the cookies.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 6

I too am a Wilton instructor. craftst3 is right, the cookies are an excellent surface to start on the first day, because at that first class, you will learn about baking and preparing a level cake to be brought and iced the next week.

In the old curriculum, the students just sat and listened the first week, so now, they can "get down and dirty" the first night and really make something fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%