Unbelievable

Business By DiviniDee Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 1:27pm by kansaslaura

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:35am
post #31 of 39

The plug is a good idea, except for the person that gets the slice with a hole in iticon_smile.gif.

I'm also curious as to why people offer future freebees or discounts when the customer obviously is upset? Maybe I just don't understand, but why would they want to order again if they weren't satisfied in the first place?

I agree that it sounds like this customer has buyer's remorse, I wouldn't refund.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:28pm
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgirl10

I'm also curious as to why people offer future freebees or discounts when the customer obviously is upset? Maybe I just don't understand, but why would they want to order again if they weren't satisfied in the first place?

Agreed...if I were a dissatisfied customer (I would be a real one icon_lol.gif not scamming) I would be insulted by an offer of $ off a future order.

On the other hand, if the customer accepts that, then it kind of underscores the untruthfulness of the original complaint, doesn't it?

sweet_honesty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_honesty Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:58pm
post #33 of 39

While they may be from the same batch of batter I don't think that you can truly use your other cake to assess whether her cake was dry or not. You can assess the flavour but baking time will affect the moisture level in a cake whether it was the same batter or not.

This is not to say that I think the customer has a valid claim. Just like others have said it sounds like a case of buyers remorse.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:43am
post #34 of 39

Personally, I wouldn't bother having her bring anything back and going through a little cat and mouse game as long as I was sure the cake was okay. I'd just tell her that I'm sorry, I tried a cake that came from the same batch and was baked at the same time, and it was fine. If she wasn't happy with it then I'd be glad to give her referrals to some other bakers who might be able to help her for all of her future cake orders.

Then give her names of people you don't like.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 4:26am
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That is hilarious!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:41am
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

That is hilarious!

heh heh heh!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 12:42pm
post #37 of 39

Ya know what I think?? I think she's just one more demanding whiner that all this 'reality' TV has created. It's a monkey see monkey do world, and for whatever reason anyone who is in business seems fair game.

Look where this attitude has gotten our heath care!! Don't like the way the doctor sewed up the gash you got being an idiot and jumping off the roof of a moving car while having a beer in each hand?? SUE the fool!! He's got plenty of $$$$.. that's what insurance is for!!

I'd lay money on the fact your cake was just fine. She's just witnessed one too many brats stomping their feet and getting their way and decided her time had come.

I'm SO tired of entitled bullies!

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:07pm
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Look where this attitude has gotten our heath care!! Don't like the way the doctor sewed up the gash you got being an idiot and jumping off the roof of a moving car while having a beer in each hand?? SUE the fool!! He's got plenty of $$$$.. that's what insurance is for!!

Watch it! That's my husband's livelihood! icon_biggrin.gif Actually he defends the docs that get sued by all the idiots.
You're so right though. People are starting to feel entitled to free things and services; whether its health care or cake. Folks think that if they complain they might get something for free or a discount so might as well try. Its too bad really.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:27pm
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionsofahousewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Watch it! That's my husband's livelihood! icon_biggrin.gif Actually he defends the docs that get sued by all the idiots.
You're so right though. People are starting to feel entitled to free things and services; whether its health care or cake. Folks think that if they complain they might get something for free or a discount so might as well try. Its too bad really.

I'm sure your husband could write a book!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%