Tiki Hut Cake - Can You Help?

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm by bobwonderbuns

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, I have been asked to make a tiki hut cake. I've looked at pictures on line and plan on doing a 10" round bottom, and the a 6" round top to make the hut. The only thing I can't figure out is how to make the top of the hut, that comes to sort of a point. Some I have seen have the piroutte cookies, and others look like buttercream using the grass tip. Has anyone made one before and can give me some advice? Thank You!!

4 replies
CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 5

decopac has a kit at their .com maybe able to find it on ebay.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 5

The easiest way to make a tiki hut cake is to use a 6 x 3 round for the base and the half ball pan for the top. Frost unevenly with chocolate frosting and place pretzel sticks around the sides. Then use beige fondant strings hanging from the roof and for the peak take a few fondant strings and fold in half then wrap around the base of that and plop it on the top (that's how the natives do it.) When placing the pretzel sticks, leave two posts and a lintel for the door. I'll attach a picture of a real tiki hut that looks identical to this cake.

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 5

Well for some reason I'm having issues attaching this picture. Let me try this again.

bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry, I don't know what's going on. PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%