Royal Icing Flowers

Decorating By ambermbauman Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 10:57pm by raquel1

ambermbauman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambermbauman Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 6

Will it mess up my royal icing flowers if I store them in the refrigerator for 2 weeks?

5 replies
Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:29am
post #2 of 6

I store RI decorations in an air tight container (like Glad or Ziploc) at room temp. I have some that have lasted in pristine condition for up to 4 months (I would never use them but they are in excellent condition if I wanted to)

HTH.

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:01am
post #3 of 6

My wilton instructor said they last for years .
She told us the best way to store them is in clean icon_smile.gif pizza boxes and stack them somewhere. I have mine in my dining room hutch. I took my first class in 2005 and I still have some of those ones. Probably because I have child locks on the doors and my kids haven't figured out how to open them!

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:08am
post #4 of 6

I keep mine in an airtight container in a cabinet and they do last years. I just used some that were @ 3 years old and they were just fine and fresh as the day I made them, I tasted one! If I could upload my pics you could see them but there is some sort of problem and I don't have any patience left to keep on trying... I do not think I would put them in the refrigerator since I would think it's too humid and they may soften? Not sure, just my gut feel.

ambermbauman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambermbauman Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks. I didn't think they were suppose to go in the fridge, but wasn't sure. I usually don't make flowers so far in advance, but since I have 6 week old baby, I figured I would get a head start.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 6

Well you can knock yourself out making them in advance icon_smile.gif they will be just fine when you need them, just keep them in a cool and dry place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%