Mff Is Amazing!

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 6:39am by Katiebelle74

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 2:56am
post #1 of 15

I made MFF for the first time for 2 cakes and it was awesome. I mixed a little to much powdered sugar but just added a few drops of glycerin and I was good to go. Thanks to all the posts I knew how to fix my little issue quickly and easily!

I bought red and black Fondarific since they are so hard to mix and I have to say I love the MFF fondant better! I will be making batches to keep on hand!

14 replies
raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:07am
post #2 of 15

I absolutely LOVE it too. I make the white chocolate variation with white chocolate/hazelnut coffee creamer and i'ts delish! It also keeps for a very long time. I just wrap it with saran wrap and then use my food saver and seal it in a bag.

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 8:30am
post #3 of 15

ok the search facility isnt working for me (keep getting an ERROR) and I'm very embarrassed to admit I dont know but, What is MFF? pretty please......icon_smile.gif

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:05am
post #4 of 15

ah it's ok. I've realised what it is looking at the recipe list.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:19pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy1204

I made MFF for the first time for 2 cakes and it was awesome. I mixed a little to much powdered sugar but just added a few drops of glycerin and I was good to go. Thanks to all the posts I knew how to fix my little issue quickly and easily!

I bought red and black Fondarific since they are so hard to mix and I have to say I love the MFF fondant better! I will be making batches to keep on hand!

I make about 10 batches of MFF every week. I agree....I like it better than any other that I've tried. For workability and taste it's 'hands down' THE BEST!

baileymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileymom Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 4:48am
post #6 of 15

I love that it is VERY forgiving! After I wrapped mine, I decided i didnt like the color. Unwrapped it, cut off a chunk, put it back in microwave to soften, added the color i wanted and worked it again until i was happy! wrapped it up, put it away! dont have to be a scientist! Love it!!!

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:33am
post #7 of 15

Eve I asked the same question, it stands for Michelle Foster's Fondant. thumbs_up.gif

bridge72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridge72 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:10am
post #8 of 15

I just made my first batch of MFF this weekend too and I must say it is so much better than MMF! Thank you Michelle for allowing us to have access to your wonderful fondant recipe thumbs_up.gif

* And special thanks to Mamawrobin for pushing the use of Michelle's fondant, without you recommending it so much I probably woulda never found out how absolutely fabulous it is icon_biggrin.gif

baileymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileymom Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:14am
post #9 of 15

ok.....I didnt notice yall were talking about MFF and not MMF. Would like to see the MFF recipe.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:27am
post #10 of 15

Go to the recipe section of this forum, and you will find Michelle Foster fondant there.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:37am
post #11 of 15

Ok either I am doing something really wrong or searching for things on this site is ultra challenging. I searched for mff, I searched for michelle foster fondant but nada comes up even searching just in recipes. I would love to try this recipe but I am having trouble finding it can someone please help? icon_cry.gif

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:45am
post #12 of 15

If all else fails google it!

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:02am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebelle74

Ok either I am doing something really wrong or searching for things on this site is ultra challenging. I searched for mff, I searched for michelle foster fondant but nada comes up even searching just in recipes. I would love to try this recipe but I am having trouble finding it can someone please help? icon_cry.gif

Took me a few minutes, but I found it under the "most saved recipes" link. icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7432/michele-fosters-updated-fondant

Katiebelle74 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:11am
post #14 of 15

THANK YOU soooo much for posting the link!!!

Katiebelle74 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 6:39am
post #15 of 15

THANK YOU!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%