Cricut Problem Solved...i Think!

Decorating By Crimsicle Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 2:43am by Karen421

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 2:33am
post #1 of 2

Thanks to all of you who offered thoughts about my tearing problem with my Cricut Cake. I think I figured it out. I tried it with gumpaste for the first time tonight, and it was even worse. It just ripped and tore the thing to pieces until it was an unrecognizable mess!

I don't know why I thought about this, but I took the blade out and washed it. It seemed to have tiny bits of chocolate on it - from my initial attempts at modeling chocolate. They were miniscule...but even with my bad eyes, I do think they were there. So I washed the blade thorougly and stuck it back in. Perfection! I cut two more things and started to get some slight tearing. I took the blade out...washed it again...and got great cuts once more. So, I think the key for me is going to be to rinse the blade every time I start a new cut. Kind of a pain but WAY less painful than wadding up a carefully rolled-out sheet of fondant or gumpaste.

BTW...I turned the speed down to slow. And chilled the gumpaste just a bit. Don't know if those helped...but I'm not going to mess with success! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 2:43am
post #2 of 2

I am so happy for you!! I never would have thought of that, but I haven't cut modeling chocolate yet. You are going to love it, now that you have figured it out!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%