Sorry Leah_S, I Have To Do It!

Decorating By mim1106 Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 12:20am by mim1106

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 16

I am in KY for the week and had the opportunity to purchase a cake from Ms Leah. All I have to say is OH. MY. GOODNESS. That is the best cake I have ever eaten. EVER! As my niece described it "melt in your mouth deliciousness!" if I wasn't in town for a sad reason, I'd have to say this was a great trip home. Thanks Leah!!!!! My husband is expecting me to bring him a piece but I don't think it will last...

15 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 16

Well heck, nothing like making the rest of us jealous! icon_lol.gif Glad to hear a positive report! icon_biggrin.gif

mim1106 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:27am
post #3 of 16

LOL sorry Bob! we just ate another piece.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:40am
post #4 of 16

If CC had a "like" button I would like your "post"!! icon_smile.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:46am
post #5 of 16

You know, I'm slightly jealous, but not the least bit surprised it is SO good!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 2:03am
post #6 of 16

Aww, sucks. I'm glad you liked it. White cake, Bavarian Creme filling (my version) and my non-crusting version of Charlotte's buttercreme.

mim1106 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 16

I was in such sugar heaven I didn't even say how nice she was too! She showed me around her beautiful kitchen and gave me history of Louisville (which I should have known since I grew up in KY LOL) thanks again, Leah!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 5:23pm
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Aww, sucks. I'm glad you liked it. White cake, Bavarian Creme filling (my version) and my non-crusting version of Charlotte's buttercreme.

Sounds delicious thumbs_up.gif That settles it....I'm stopping in the next time I'm in KY. icon_lol.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 2:59pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Sounds delicious thumbs_up.gif That settles it....I'm stopping in the next time I'm in KY. icon_lol.gif

Might have to make up a reason to go to KY.... icon_smile.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 3:18pm
post #10 of 16

Yup, I'm jealous, too. I was born in Louisville. (Good things come from there!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif We moved while I was an infant and I have always wanted to go back and see my birthplace described so beautifully by my parents. Now I have a double reason to go. Enjoy every crumb for me, I will enjoy it vicariously. Poor DH.

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:03pm
post #11 of 16

Leah, what's your version of bavarian creme? And actually, which white cake recipe do you use, if you don't mind sharing?

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:33pm
post #12 of 16

You've got us all wanting the recipe and a slice of it too.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:15pm
post #13 of 16

I'm jealous! I missed an opportunity to visit with her the last time I went to KY to judge a dance competition because she was out of town that weekend! icon_cry.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:46am
post #14 of 16

That is wonderful!

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:58am
post #15 of 16

umm.. leah.. my 16th wedding anniversary is this friday.. got any bavarian cake scraps!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I would so drive to louisville if you made anniversary cakes!!

mim1106 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:20am
post #16 of 16

So we polished the cake off by the next day (my sister,niece,aunt,and dad were all involved) and now my sister (she is 37) is complaining that she needs that wedding cake right now. LOL we picked up a cake at walmart and she had a bite and is now refusing to eat it. She us trying to make me ask Leah for another haha! Don't worry,Leah, I'm not. I find it hilarious that you created a cake snob though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%