What Buttercream Do You Use. . .

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 7:49am by LaurenBaker

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 5

Now that I'm starting to make larger cakes, it is getting exhausting making all this icing from scratch. . .does anyone have a pre-made icing that they use that is DELICIOUS as well as functional?

Just tossing around the idea of buying the pre-made stuff to make my life easier.. but don't want to sacrifice the quality.

Thanks!

4 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 5

I've heard positive things about Sam's Club buttercream.

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 5

Unsure of your location, but we have "Duff Goldman" supplies here and I love, love, love his white buttercream icing as a quick go to. I buy at Michael's with a coupon only though because it is a bit expensive. thumbs_up.gif

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:26am
post #4 of 5

I agree, the Sam's club stuff is good. Some people hate it, but I have used it several times (mostly when I was pregnant this winter and just too tired to keep making batch after batch of icing!!) and never had anyone complain. It's sweet, but most buttercream is. I bought a 38lb bucket for like $30. I'm seriously considering going back to see if they will let me buy some red, because I need it in a few weeks and dread trying to color my buttercream dark red!

LaurenBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenBaker Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 7:49am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by naultlover

I agree, the Sam's club stuff is good. Some people hate it, but I have used it several times (mostly when I was pregnant this winter and just too tired to keep making batch after batch of icing!!) and never had anyone complain. It's sweet, but most buttercream is. I bought a 38lb bucket for like $30. I'm seriously considering going back to see if they will let me buy some red, because I need it in a few weeks and dread trying to color my buttercream dark red!

Didn't know you could buy buttercream from Sams!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%